BWolinsky Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bwolinsky, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's a LOL for bespoke. Ladder?

#21     Jun 21, 2009
  2. [​IMG]

#22     Jun 21, 2009
  3. That's a good one. Now go write 3 top 10 most profitable chartscripts. The psychology behind writing even 1 is probably harder than the coding. Writing 3, well, that's a whole nother ball game. I've written too many good systems, but learned which ones to keep and which ones to discard.

#23     Jun 21, 2009
  4. Your best hasn't made a dime in 18 months?

#24     Jun 21, 2009
  5. actually, i like your thread. just helping to keep your thread entertaining. i myself can't code sh*t :).

i tried looking for "cash cow" on WL site and could not find it. was it ever public, even the earlier versions that may not have worked? also, which public script are you referring to as the public script with Jack Hershey's strat?

#25     Jun 21, 2009
  6. It's on this site. Have a go for Scottd, then find the fork where they split the thread into what I was doing in WL. It's out there, but written in WL4 and requires the WL5 translator to convert it. Once you convert it, though, there's enough of a paper trail to probably replicate my results on the .SPX.

#26     Jun 21, 2009
  7. Down market usually means you'll be down. Most systems are positively correlated with the market, and I made close to 40% in April. I'm having a good 2009. I haven't made that many trades in the last 18 months. The market's been crap but pretty good of late, though, and I went from buying QLD at 78, to waiting months for it to finally bottom around 20. Everyday, another oversold reading, so what else is new? Kick in the prediction of fair market value and ever since then I haven't taken that many trades because the fair value ranges have widened since the system's inception. That's served to reduce the frequency of my trading. It means the range of fair values the market can take had increased, and as long as we have a fair value calculation that's higher than where the market closed at, we'll take a trade. This hasn't happened that much, and there's months of flat lines in the curve.

#27     Jun 21, 2009
  8. http://www.wealth-lab.com/Community...=mSDB++Pc3QReo8zE6D7NtWn+ELe6j69bjjOhrorN9bg=

i can't find Scottd but i see 243 posts of nexial_1002002

#28     Jun 21, 2009
  9. The other sites aside, Atticus, I showed them the curve on c2, as well as the backtested curve below. There's not much difference, as I implemented a change in the tax considerations mid 2008.

What I would note is that that's what a system with insitutional backing wants to see, and they understand the real world fills will always be a little different.

The other thing to note is that that's buy and hold on QID at a time when the market declined by over 50%, so my system isn't as simple as just buying and holding QID or QLD as it appears some on c2 are presently. QID and QLD have daily 2x returns that will eventually send these to 0, but not right now, and I anticipate a reverse split at some point.

#29     Jun 21, 2009
  10. Are you serious? Not much difference? The backtested curve doubled in the period where the C2 implementation was flat [11/07 to present]. So, how do you explain it? Curve fitting or microstructure? You'd better have this thread deleted.

#30     Jun 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.