BWEN - Broadwind Energy

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NoDoji, Jun 4, 2008.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

This one's looking solid as a rock. I thought about getting in at $20 a few days ago, next thing I know it's at $29. It's gained about 10% a day in a tanking market. I'm ready to climb aboard - anyone see a downside to this company, with wind energy the Potash of 2009??

2. Avoid these OTC pump and dumps.

jmho

3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yeah, that's the problem, can't find a good history on them. I've traded on technicals alone at times...:eek:

4. NoDoji

NoDoji

They held very steady through the week's volatility, so I went long 500 late yesterday at 26.35. We'll see what transpires.

5. subban

subban

Try APWR, I personally think a much better company. BWEN has no institutional ownership and I think much more open for manipulation. APWR has 33 mill shares and has jp morgan and merrill lynch and other instituions buying shares. I also looked at their guidance forecast it looks like a lot more growth potential and earnings than BWEN.

6. NoDoji

NoDoji

My Etrade info page shows BWEN 74% institutionally owned with low turnover, and APWR only 30%. I like all the insider purchases on both these companies. I just learned about another wind energy company yesterday - AMSC - thinking of getting into that one down the road.

7. subban

subban

APWR is listed on the nasdaq. I don't know why BWEN is still a ob penny stock with 74% institutional holdings.

8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I ended up buying Oct $35 calls on AMSC yesterday, and they're up almost 20% in premarket on a large order. This one goes into the "best-timed trade ever" category :)