Bvsn

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by brettdoyle, Jan 17, 2012.

1. i would love to buy some puts on it

#11     Feb 7, 2012
  2. I read up on the NIA. They say they bought >100,000 shares of BVSN before they featured it. They claim they have a 60 day lockup which expires Feb 12, as I recall. Their big argument for the stock is that it has a lot of cash and has a better product than its main competitor.

It has been wildly volatile and is very active.

I would note that most of NIA's featured stocks, as listed on its website, have been the typical gold and silver miners one would expect from an inflation hawk group. They actually did pretty well, if the recommended dates on the website are accurate.

Meanwhile, BVSN is fun to watch and carefully daytrade, but I wouldn't buy it and put it away in my IRA. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the lockup expires.

#12     Feb 7, 2012
  3. This stock has really been breaking down lately... and the NIA has stopped promoting it.

I have been wrong before though - this stock went up more than I had anticipated. All of the Facebook IPO hype and millions of emails really pushed the stock high.

If your broker has any shares available it may be a good investment opportunity. I currently have a large short position.

The business is worthless and I estimate the instrinsic value to be around $7-$9 per share meaning we have a long way to fall from $30 today for the stock to reach fair value.

#13     Feb 15, 2012
  4. Looks like NIA is mainly pumping, with a little bit of dumping (read: profit taking).

Are investors going crazy and is social networking the next dotcom bubble in the making?

Or is BVSN a company, with a really good product, that is relatively cheap compared to the other players in the market offering a similar product and is social networking the future of collaboration in companies?

I'd like to hear some opinions that are not only based on the results of last year. Burning cash seems not to be that big of a deal in that sector... But I could be completely wrong.

I made some profits going long but don't have any position now, but I might buy back on a dip. What if the previous highs get taken out?

ps: first post on this board! Hooray!

#14     Feb 28, 2012