BUYING UGLY. stk ONE- CHDX

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, May 14, 2008.

1. Boy David if you think overextended CSUN in a solar group about to grab it's ankles is going to outperform CHDX $21 to $31.... a great health stock trying to help the people of China in their times of need. All I need is a Davinci ok and it's snap back da doo ra rey! Don't get too tied up in up bars and down bars try to understand the stock's story and why it may or may not be on sale. And always remember the most important bar is the one you walk into after a fine trade. I plan to be drinking heavily with CHDX and not because it went down. This is a stk that deserves to be $27 right now and I ping fair value at $31 to $33.~ stoney

#11     May 15, 2008
  2. David I just had a weird experience I went to a stock blog without a stock idea- YOURS! I left this in the message box but you have to be a google flackie to post- Well for someone who makes most of his money off reversals to be saying he buys breakouts that fails 3 out of 4 times you have an interesting system. It almost assures failure which is good- you are making money off reversals.However these young idiots from yahoo don't know how to trim itty bitties from failed pops and such they much prefer a good idea flat out. If the breakout is your favorite pattern, I like it as well with a good retrace... then you should devote a little more time and energy into the specific name by coming to know your stocks and not treating them like candlesticks you will be able to enjoy two things that I do... one the ability to not follow your stocks every day and the other to have near every breakout a successful one. I specialize in what you might call the third leg up before an exaustive last leg... and 3 out of 4 work for me and do not fail. The failure I just sell at a loss and don't worry about capturing the downdraft.

In actuality your writing style is not bad most of these places are unreadable I was reading about a certain day on your blog only to find out it wasn't yesterday but in 06! Blogs are dangerous like that. I see you are east coast so I welcome your participation but lists and lists of winners that is what people want I'm afraid not a lot of lessons... ~stoney

#12     May 15, 2008
  3. You know what CHDX has volume right off the bat today... I'm a thinking we nailed this one folks but lets not count our Davinci's before they x ray! All we need here is a PR before the market breaks... Common CHDX!!!!!!~ stoney

#13     May 15, 2008
  4. CHDX FLYING!!!!!

Now 24.46 + $2.64 or 12%

$3.50 gain in a day, I'll have to weight the downside of selling today and getting a 90 day restriction from etrade.... I guess I won't be getting my falling knife lecture from blog boy today. lol.... this was a hell of a call.~ stoney

#14     May 15, 2008
  5. God damn it. I watched this stock soar all day. I shouldn't have sold off yesterday.

#15     May 15, 2008
  6. Gee Therm never sell without checking in first.

I'm stuck here it's bumping up against it's 40 day MA a good place to sell but I will incur a 90 day 3 day settle penalty if I do.... Now up $3.78 ~stoney

#16     May 15, 2008
  7. i'm slowly learning, sensei.

#17     May 15, 2008
  8. Nicely done Stoney. Ring the register.

#18     May 15, 2008
  9. DavidDT

DavidDT

stoney
    A lot of times people are getting started on the wrong foot on investment sites - I hope we did not...
    Nice call on CHDX, good reasoning behind trade, great that fundamental ideas and research work for you. For me the turning point was when I started to use TAs, I just got tired of reading yesterday's news.
    Still, just to point out - CHDX went from 22 on May 14th when you posted to 26 right next day - my hat off to you , great timing - I don't think "fundamentals" have anything to do with that timig, I might be wrong. Anyhow, close to 17% gain bottom to top - not bad.
    Now, purely technical observation of CSUN from 5/1 buy signal date with entry price ( even HOD) next day @$9 with staying in the trade till at least $14 ( not speaking of over15 not to be unrealistic) - produced over 50% return in slightly longer timeframe.
    Like they say - there are different ways to skin the cat.

Thank you for "complement" on my blog - my writing style is far from perfect - I am Russian - double whammy, huh? :)

Stock ideas - I don't really like to post "ideas" - trader needs conviction to stay with the trade - it is mostly possible only when "idea" is of "that trader".

Breakouts, reversals, dividends, spreads - market keeps changing, nothing work 100% ( even 60% :) all the time, I can go with bo, or I can fade it - there is no universal way of trading, I can try to catch a falling knife of ride it down - it all depends.

Once again - congrats on CHDX trade.

P.S. I really wanted to ignore your other post regarding "timing of market selloff", but with all the fairness - those who "called correction 2 weeks before" - most likely were burnt by May 19 10PM. None can be right all the time, I am deep in the red with some DUG position, but I made double of loss ( still unrealized) on OIH puts. Also, if you would continue to read my site, you would find gold miners call with 1 day hit accuracy ( same day I screwed up on refiners - but oil is my silver bullet - and refiners are my revenge trade and I destined to fail every time I open my mouth on anything related to oil)

traders are a very jealous type - I hope you are not taking more pleasure in slamming fellow traders than in actual trading itself - you sound like a smart gent - except for you "mask"

#19     May 26, 2008
  10. DavidDT

DavidDT

one more thing - if I spent slightly more time than just a glancing moment and looked at CHDX miltiple timeframes - even knowing nothing about company ( well, I do know they have great ideas, I really like to know WHAT I am trading ) - I would see a buy signal on 2 days timeframe. Chart below ( those signals are not "back testing" or other crappy self indulging nonsense - they are real time and DO NOT change as time goes by )

#20     May 26, 2008