Buying TQQQ again

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Junkou, Jun 4, 2019.

1. I have been following this for a few days. More often than not, the premarket action is a harbinger for at least the first hour of the market, lately. I am liking TQQQ for intraday. The run this morning would have been good for a couple bucks a share. I would have traded this today if I could. Due to a screwup I couldn't even paper trade. In the interest of authenticity I decided to reset my cash in paper trading to what I hold in my live account and when I tried to trade, I discovered that the software enforces PDT even in paper trading! Anyway I would have made myself a few hundred bucks this morning, real or on paper. Here is what the TradingView site was showing me, for 1 day and 5 day. Showing Bollinger9, volume, and "Decision Bar" indicators, 5 min candles.

TradingViewScreenshot 5day from 2019-06-07 14-30-05.png
    TradingView 1 day TQQQ Screenshot from 2019-06-07 14-38-44.png

And here, in TWS. Look at that opener.

TWSScreenshot from 2019-06-07 14-55-23.png

#11     Jun 7, 2019
  2. Junkou

Junkou

Here you go:
    tqqq20190606.png
    See you in 3 months.

#12     Jun 8, 2019
    murray t turtle and shatteredx like this.
  3. shatteredx

shatteredx

Thanks friend. Looks like I'm selling the open tomorrow night (and praying for no gap down).

#13     Jun 8, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Yer high. Look for a gap up.

#14     Jun 8, 2019
  5. %%
    Well for TQQQ it would best be a trade;

for QQQ, buying 52 week high for 40 years couldbe a great investment.Great trender, about 18% average...….. Made over 33% not to many years ago.Not bad for a summer rally; summer rally tends to be weakest rally of them all...………………………………………………………………………..

#15     Jun 9, 2019
  6. shatteredx

shatteredx

Well I closed out the trade tonight for a profit of 3.5%. NQ actually gapped up so it worked out even better for me.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    #16     Jun 9, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.