buying this dip?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bluud, Oct 22, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

:D :D :D :D :D :D

dip buying seems too always work...

#11     Oct 22, 2007
  2. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I was on the take - why not? Helicopter Ben will save me.

#12     Oct 22, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

i think buying more inverse would have been the way to go.....on the closing of the gap....i didnt sell or buy any more...peace

although the QID doesnt look to good for the upside.. SDS is looking better...obviously depending on time frame....

#13     Oct 22, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

i should have followed my own advice.....i think it may be lights out....

#14     Oct 22, 2007
  5. Lots of blue on my screen with LFC, NOK , F up. Did short some GSF DEC calls against my long Jan calls though in case that continues to slide, took profit on COP, EGO calls and loss on some of my VLO calls. Still have calendar spreads on the others. With COP reporting on Wed. it should go down for a couple days if earnings look good.

#15     Oct 22, 2007
  6. This morning dip was a huge screaming buy

There is no reason for the markets to go lower. No bad news or anything.

#16     Oct 22, 2007
  7. Dip buying was rewarded lately no matter what caused the dip....:D

#17     Oct 22, 2007
  8. Precisely my point.

#18     Oct 22, 2007
  9. New York, October 22. USD/JPY had been stuck in the same 113.90/20 sideways chop, however as the Dow has clawed its way back up, so has USD/JPY, hitting 114.49 at its peak, taking out last night's session high, and filling the gap on the hourly study between Friday's close and Sunday's open. The Dow is now up 0.32% against all prognostications, and the NASDAQ is up almost 1%, and equity traders noted an obstinate bid in the market early in the morning after the initial sell off that just has not gone away. Equity traders are buying stocks partially because of the firmer dollar, and USD/JPY traders are buying dollars because of firmer equities, at some point someone will want a better reason, but for now, its enough. Peter.Wadkins@Thomson.com

Smells of PPT :)

#19     Oct 22, 2007