Buying Naked Calls

Discussion in 'Options' started by Bushwacked9, Nov 9, 2019.

1. again, names and books, something I can work with. Never said I dont believe you, I just simply stated your replies shitting on Ravar dont help me in my OP questions. Sure they may point out flaws, however me being new to all this ... most of it goes over my head. Things I am surely to learn now that I actually have an author to go read up on.

I was hoping to start with a little basic knowledge to go start a couple options in paper money just to see what happens to them, all the while reading up/learning so I can see what I am reading happening to my options on paper. It is the way I learn, I can only read so much before I just need to do and then go back and reread certain areas I have questions in.

Plus, on a side note ... if Ravar is so wrong and spewing nonsense, why has he not been banned? So, since I dont know any better I would assume that type of misleading info is dangerous and should be stomped out? Unless he is not always wrong ... ??

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    #71     Nov 11, 2019
  2. Not a stupid question, if you learned from it ... basic and rookie, sure ..

Assuming since tastytrades popped up all over the place this is a smartass link and I shouldnt pay attention to it, based on the high praise you have given them :)

#72     Nov 11, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

TastyTrade is bunk. Sosnoff was a floor broker and started thinkorswim with Dan Sheridan and Cottle. Cottle's books are good, but he's never made any money upstairs. Sosnoff doesn't trade profitably. He made $50MM or so from the sale of TOS. He started TastyTrade and promoted that Karen Bruton scammer.

They love persistent short vol. Sell the wings and roll losers indefinitely. That's not trading.

There are too many moving parts to respond to, "what strike should I buy?" Here's where I'll tell you to read the option threads on ET.

#73     Nov 11, 2019
    TooEffingOld likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

RSI and structuring have absolutely nothing in common. It's like asking what motor oil should I use for neurosurgery.

#74     Nov 11, 2019
    taowave likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

I have had essentially three careers. Life sciences, govt and trading. Inside those fields I am knowledgeable and I can assure you, as many have done here, the guy is absolutely without value. He's dangerously stupid on the subject.

Nobody with a working knowledge of volatility would state (as raVar did) that a drop in IV will benefit his LEAPS call. That doesn't even qualify for his top ten, but it's fresh.

TBH, I really don't care if you blow-up tomorrow, or if you ever learn the basics. I take issue with the shit he posts as it's here for posterity.

This place would be largely empty if raVar and the likes were banned for stupidity. But yes, I believe that he should be banned, nick and IP.

#75     Nov 11, 2019
  6. taowave

taowave

Not only that,hes looking for 5-10 percent upside on a stock that he believes is in an UPTREND,but looking at a 90-120 day RSI below 30??? AAPL traded down 100 points and never broke 35 on long term RSI..and no,I dont look at that shit:)

Dude needs to read a basic book on options and TA...

Lets go Bushwacked,pick up your game.....

#76     Nov 11, 2019
  7. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

Half - never a local. Is Schmit = taowave?

#77     Nov 11, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

lol no, but Tao has both buy and sell side experience as well.

#78     Nov 11, 2019
    Wheezooo likes this.
  9. destriero

destriero

Kevin Schmit

#79     Nov 11, 2019
    Wheezooo likes this.
  10. jamesbp

jamesbp

Most of Sosnoff's massive losers over recent years is to 'scalp' futures badly ... take profit on tiny winners to satisfy his 'winners' ego ... but hang onto losing scalps as the market runs relentlessly against them until they become a real problem ... and then describes his losing futures position as being a 'core holding' ... pretending it was part of the plan all along

Sossy is the entertainment gift ... that just keeps giving

#80     Nov 11, 2019