Buying Naked Calls

Discussion in 'Options' started by Bushwacked9, Nov 9, 2019.

1. I have ... Maybe I need to reconsider them ??

#51     Nov 10, 2019
  2. jamesbp

jamesbp

Although raVar claims to be a principle of sorts at at least 3 trading firms ( no evidence )
    ... he cannot trade OPM ... as he trades "Jade Lizards" ... straight from TastyTrade's dodgy playbook of made up names

raVar_1.png

No professional option trader would call a ladder / xmas tree a Jade Lizard
    ... but then again he is a Sosnoff fan boy and shill for Karen the SuperFraud

#52     Nov 11, 2019
  3. .sigma

.sigma

Why the shade towards Sos and Karen?

#53     Nov 11, 2019
  4. .sigma

.sigma

And btw, "jade lizard" is way more wavy and cooler sounding than "ladder/xmastree" lmao

In fact, Christmas tree butterfly spread has to be the worst option spread name of all time lol

#54     Nov 11, 2019
  5. .sigma

.sigma

I am aware, but who cares? She made millions selling 6 sigma puts lmao let her go man, if you make that much you're bound to blow up spectacularly, its all in the game, all the greats IMPLODE!

In fact, this is what makes you a legend in the game. You fxck the market, then.. eventually, in a far far away time (but soon enough) the market will come and take whats his and you end up in the dust. Its all in the glory

#56     Nov 11, 2019
    raVar likes this.
  6. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

ROFLMAO. By my third week of work I had forgotten my name and only responded to, "you fucking idiot." If that would bother you, you shouldn't trade. The market will call you much meaner things than that.

#57     Nov 11, 2019
  7. jamesbp

jamesbp

#1 Karen is a fraud ... yet Sosnoff still uses her to promote his business
    #2 Sosnoff got people banned as members of ET for criticising him, TastyTrade and his love-fest with Karen
    #3 Sosnoff ( and TastyTrade generally ) claim to have 'discovered/invented' trades like the 'Jade Lizard' ... which are simply another name for existing strategies ... or concepts that were provided to him by others ... like estimating the expected move as 1.25 ATM straddle price
    #4 Sosnoff claims to make a living as a retail trader ... but provides no evidence or track record of doing so ... and almost all of the new option traders that he personally trains ... seem to blow up or lose money

Other than that ... he's great entertainment

#58     Nov 11, 2019
  8. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

1- Buy the calls, six to eight months in the future, with strikes three to four deep ITM... hopefully the falling IV will help me...

What more need be said. Prima facie retarded.

2- ...and my delta's will thus improve with the passing of time...

WTF! Improve? Worsen? Change yes, first two - no.

3-10 @ dest... Are you cognizant of the fact that you are presenting an argument in next order Greeks, to a judge and jury who barely understands expry graphs???

#59     Nov 11, 2019
    Option_Attack and destriero like this.
  9. taowave

taowave

Spot on Wheez.

There is alot of home made option theory being spewed,and Dest is giving a remedial course in option theory to a guy who has no option understanding..

OP,you need to up your game..
    Put the time in to comprehend what Dest is saying,and more important to spot when people are making up their own rules of option theory..

#60     Nov 11, 2019
    destriero likes this.