Buying Naked Calls

Discussion in 'Options' started by Bushwacked9, Nov 9, 2019.

1. taowave

taowave

IC,with all due respect,you going along with Ravars haze of unconsciousness is a bad look.

What trader in his right mind buys a "longer dated" option and hopes for a vol contraction??

Keep in mind BW said he will stop himself out on a fixed loss on the option price.There is no doubling down on a vol implosion as he will be stopped out.Ball game over...

Wrong on every level

#131     Nov 12, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  2. .sigma

.sigma

I would only care if I was following Sosnoff's trades. I watch tastytrade for pure entertainment value and I love the network, there isn't really any other financial network out there doing it like them. Real Vision Finance is cool but they are more macro.

#132     Nov 12, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

You need to get HBO.

#133     Nov 12, 2019
    TooEffingOld, .sigma and NQurious like this.
  4. .sigma

.sigma

YouTube has enough entertainment for me lol once in awhile NFLX, but yeah man I just don't understand the hate for Sosnoff.. the guy created a lot of good shit for options and he doesn't have ill-intent. I see so many scammers and fraud traders who SELL services because they can't trade. Sosnoff never sold shit except that Bob the trader app, other than that everything is free and that's honorable.

Its funny how people always bring up Karen too... she was one of TOS biggest clients back when Sosnoff and his team was running shit back in the day so of course they are friends. Who cares if Karen cut corners accounting this is MAGA country man what do people expect? lol

#134     Nov 12, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

Dude, c'mon. Are you simply trolling?

She administered her fund so that she was paid only on realized gains. She and her staff solved for the gains needed to exceed realized losses and in furtherance of hiding the unrealized losses. It's a monumental head-fvck and she should have done MAJOR prison time.

Worse still, she bought short-dated calendars at massive edge loss that entailed throwing 100s of thousands of client money in the toilet. One three day trade cost clients $300K and it was initiated solely to hide losses and extend the scheme further in time (and book perf fees!).

#135     Nov 12, 2019
    Flynrider and .sigma like this.
  6. destriero

destriero

I can't get the PM back, but someone was talking sh!t on here about Sossy/TOS back in the day and I received a PM from someone from TOS asking me if I knew the guy. I had simply posted to the thread. That's fvcked up.

#136     Nov 12, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I'll bet you a million sim bux that nothing here is lost. If you really wanted to, I am sure the powers that be could "dig it back up" for you if you needed it.

#137     Nov 12, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

My earliest handle and it was deleted as would delete all messages yearly. I'm up for it but it always stuck with me as overtly stalky.

#138     Nov 12, 2019
  9. Baozi

Baozi

Poor chef! Getting so much flak for playing devil's advocate..

#139     Nov 12, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Not a problem, you are still one of my favorites.

Wish you the very best, continue to earn mid/high seven figures trading profits, year after year, so us newbie retails have something to aspire to. :thumbsup:

#140     Nov 13, 2019