Buying Naked Calls

Discussion in 'Options' started by Bushwacked9, Nov 9, 2019.

1. raVar

raVar

Actually, I am caught, as yes ... I do study a number of languages. Russian and Eastern European languages more than others, in which typology is loose, while the declension of the nouns and agreement therein is of greater importance. "Love you I" or "I love you" "I ran to the store" or "ran / I to store" are all perfectly correct. That does bleed into other languages (I once had a Mexican tell me I sounded like an American, speaking Spanish with a Russian accent)

Although in English? Typology is more tight, but it also depends on the context in which the speech is used.

So, I apologize if you're not dealing with multiple asset classes simultaneously ... but when you do? (something I am keenly aware of as for regulatory and contractural reasons ... one interest specifies I deal with one asset class, and in the other interest, I deal with the other)

You have to specify the differences between the types of options you are using. For what I do, that's almost more important than anything. Therefore, "Equity Option" instantly specifies that I'm locked to that TYPE of option, with the peculiarities of Equity Options as they differ from Options in the Alts in size, multipliers, etc. I can't tell you the number of times a colleague has asked me ...

"Why don't you just ABC ..."

"It's Equity Options mate ..."

"Oh yeah ..."

One is not correct over the other, when you have to do what I do.

#101     Nov 11, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

Typically we go 90 days. All trades posted within three minute of execution or sim (raVar) and 5% EOD drawdown and you're out. Minimum capitalization is $20B and nothing under $20/share. No single name allocation exceeding 25% of net liq.

#102     Nov 11, 2019
  3. [​IMG]

#103     Nov 11, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I missed the last one. Was it here or in the discord chat you have? It would be neat to watch, if anything.

#104     Nov 11, 2019
  5. .sigma

.sigma

Just sell a put and call it a day bruh

#105     Nov 11, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Sell which kind of put? A atm, itm, or otm? Euro or American style? How far out? For how much premium? The fack!

#106     Nov 11, 2019
  7. .sigma

.sigma

Don't curse this forum is for the children lol

Just sell ATM man it isn't that simplex, and if you don't have the capital to do that just spread your risk and buy a cheap wing.

ATM will forever be the best strike to choose.

#107     Nov 11, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

The fack does that mean, a "wing? As if condors and butterflys are not enough, now we gots "wings".

#108     Nov 11, 2019
  9. .sigma

.sigma

Well condors and butterflys have wings so its not "now we got wings" its "we always had wings" lol.

Wing just means a strike you buy OTM to spread off your short strike, das it braddaahh

#109     Nov 11, 2019
  10. raVar

raVar

And it should be noted that the conversation devolved to a typology argument when the context of the Mandates ones work under wasn't even specified.

Seriously

Word order

:rolleyes:

#110     Nov 12, 2019