Buying Google.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BlackTuna, Jan 23, 2009.

1. BlackTuna

BlackTuna

I've been following Google for a while and decided to jump in after financial reports beat expectations for the second quarter in a row, and this in a terrible economy. Though Google beat estimates again and again their price has been slashed with the rest of them dropping more than 50% from their 52 week high. Google is packing tons of cash and I'm sure they are sniffing around as we speak for some interesting acquisitions. I like this company because of the masterful excellence in which they produce software: Google maps - best in it's class. Google earth - Priceless. Google documents - fantastic. Google Chrome - best browser in it's class. Gphone - just a test to get acquainted with the mobile market. Google have Microsoft in their sights, and I'm betting they will get there.

My portfolio:
    http://www.marketguru.com/Blacktuna

2. Goog looks cheap under 300

I still think its a good buy for the longer term

3. I tend to agree with your analysis, but right now, we're in bear country. Always carry your pepper spray, and be prepared to hit the ground and curl into a fetal position if the bear keeps charging.

4. BlackTuna

BlackTuna

I suppose you have to pick a number and go for it at some point. I never try to guess the bottom.. :)

5. lundy

lundy

looks like a good place to buy

6. I'm still short goog. :)

7. BlackTuna

BlackTuna

Just hope you are wrong ;)