Buying a Trading System, any Recommended

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Pager, Sep 3, 2005.

1. bighog

bighog Guest

No contest here, just having fun with your love affair with TI. ..

O, by the way, i only answered half the questions on the IQ test...:D There are many differernt IQ tests so ones score is mox-nix, i was basically pointing out that IQ is useless in trading.

Correction: Experience 20 years not 30, even that was with periods of retiring, doing other things etc.

:confused:

#31     Nov 1, 2005
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

Realtor

While on the subject of IQ, think of IQ and trading like this:

If a high IQ was necessary to become a winner, the game would be over. I would have been long gone...:D

To be truthful, i found this trading game extremly hard to catch on to in the beginning and for quite awhile thereafter.

That is the lure of the constant 90% to come in and try, the easy riches. HA, easy my foot, i worked hard, started over etc, etc.

Then it finally sinks in, learn from your mistakes stupid, the rest was easy because i was well experianced in making every mistake in the book......:D

Good Luck to you and keep us informed on those seminars...:)

#32     Nov 1, 2005
  3. realtor

realtor

Okay, sorry. I was just having fun right back at you, because it's better to give than to receive. :)

That's the trouble with the written medium and hence the smilies. It conveys so little.

(My IQ test, if you care, was administered by a psychologist when I was 15, after the Stanford Binet proved inadequate. He used a stopwatch for each question or task. It appears to have gone down ever since, due to the high number of people who tell me they're smarter than I am.)

#33     Nov 1, 2005
  4. realtor

realtor

I hear ya.

When I started I was definitely my own worst enemy. The Larry Williams seminar was my intro to futures trading and it was woefully inadequate, at least for me. He doesn't teach what I wanted to do, which was trade only intraday. It took 2 seminars, one for 2k the other for 5k, to figure it out. Then I subscribed to his recommended data service, Genesis Financial, only to find they couldn't give me live quotes (this was quite a while back).

Thank you, pard. At least I haven't paid TI anything yet, except for the chat room (which is prety cheap).

#34     Nov 1, 2005
  5. realtor

realtor

It shows?

#35     Nov 1, 2005