Buying a Trading System, any Recommended

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Pager, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Fact is, you probably won't follow the rules of the system anyway unless you are a disciplined, experienced trader - so any system that you try to trade will fail regardless of how it is advertised or designed.

You'd be better off learning how to trade simple setups manually and learning risk management/discipline - save the $2 or 3K that most systems cost and use it to fund a small account with real money to practice trading.

Then, after you lose that money, just repeat process anywhere from 10 to 30 more times and by then you hopefully will bottom out enough to face whatever personal conflicts/emotional issues keep you from being a good trader.

Sorry to break it to you so blunt but that is how it is.

#11     Sep 4, 2005
  2. Get a mentor, and learn how to trade your own self, if you are using someone else's system without knowing how it works your own, and can't modify it to fit your needs, then you are not a trader IMO, you are just a person who wanted to take the easy route to make money, and I don't have any respect for anyone that does that.

#12     Sep 4, 2005
  3. the best thing is to buy a system from someone who wants to sell only a few and have that person mentor you in the system completely.

#13     Sep 4, 2005
  4. I have one that works great and will sell it for a good sum of money. Now why would I sell it?

Because I have some other systems that are much better! :D

#14     Sep 4, 2005
  5. Pager,

I am looking to buy an ATM machine, then when I get some money..I will then learn how to trade

Will any of you good traders help me?

This is silly....

If you would put in some time and read some Journals, you might find a reliable system that you can trade.

Read mine and see if the shoe fits?

Send me 10% of your profits if it makes you feel ownership...

Michael B.

#15     Sep 4, 2005
  6. #16     Sep 4, 2005
  7. realtor

realtor

But Larry is actually a very good trader. I and many others have watched him trade profitably in real time.

(I even got to have dinner at his house. I didn't have to pay a penny more than the $5k seminar I attended.) :)

#17     Nov 1, 2005
  8. r-in

r-in

LOL, As I sit waiting for the FOMC I get a call from a broker to watch their great daytrade system thats been doing 30% a month for 33 months, and at the same time I come across this thread. When I asked the broker why in the world he wasn't putting every cent he had into it and trading for a year, he couldn't come up with an answer. Hmm what a surprise. Maybe I should have followed up, but I had the feeling I'd lose 30% a day instead of gain 30% a month. :D Let's see..$10,000 at 30% for 33 months =~ $57 mil. Shoot I guess I'd better call back.

#18     Nov 1, 2005
  9. I hate to chirp in with so few posts.....

But I am a new trader, and bought market-millions....this thing is great. It's the turtle system and only costs 200 bucks.

www.market-millions.com

#19     Nov 1, 2005
  10. qtip

qtip