Buying a ROUTE - ideas, info, advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by saxon22, Apr 14, 2008.

1. I think a secret to a well run company is happy and content workers. So I think Howard Stern would be on the dial.

Disclaimer: he is not my cup of tea.

#21     Apr 15, 2008

2. You are 100% right. CPA is indispensable in situations like this.

#22     Apr 15, 2008
  3. I think it's a great idea. As long as the Nets are legit. I own part of a pool cleaning business, among other things. It's nice to have checks rolling in from something other than trading.

Buying water rights is another good thing to look into. Oil & Mineral rights have become insanely expensive....but for a long time they were steals.

#23     Apr 15, 2008
  4. Thanks for the info. Seems that most have a problem with the Numbers. A good accountant with a dishonest owner could make a mediocre company look like a gem, and that is what keeps me at bay.

#24     Apr 15, 2008
  5. Seems that most have a problem with the Numbers. A good accountant with a dishonest owner could make a mediocre company look like a gem, and that is what keeps me at bay.
    ----------------------
    Very valid point. If we always assume the numbers are suspect or dispropotional business to one customer, the evaluation has to be to the growth potential and the impediments behind the scenes to support the potential.

You'll offer new "eyes" and energy. Some businessemen are just tired or have business they "don't want".

Usually a business can cover the costs, the profit portion is the kicker, more hours, effeciency, customers, you need to identify the potential and the cost of the potential.

#25     Apr 15, 2008
  6. You could check on a route by riding along for a week. Do the number correlate with the deliveries/expenses?

What about something like a car wash or laundry? Those things are pretty liquid and easy to evaluate.

#26     Apr 16, 2008

7. car wash would be perfect but here in NYC they go for 1 million + which is not in my ballpark by a long shot.

Laundrymat, I thought about it and it could be a cash cow.

#27     Apr 16, 2008
  8. TGregg

TGregg

I've thought about one of those Suds and Duds style ones that sells beer & wine by the glass. Wash yer clothes and tie one on.

#28     Apr 16, 2008

9. Interesting concept. :D :D

#29     Apr 16, 2008
  10. I thought you were kidding. I checked this out on google.

#30     Apr 16, 2008