Buying a new monitor (suggestions please)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boomer, Jan 12, 2008.

1. :cool:

#21     Jan 13, 2008
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I got the Soyo 24" and like it. Having 1920x1200 gives me that extra little bit of screen real estate.

I picked it up at OfficeMax for $400. Then I got home, went to clipfire.com and saw that the week earlier, they were selling it for $300, so I went back and asked for the difference credited to my card... and they did it!

I also tried the Acer 24" but I liked the quality of the Soyo better for text, and as a trader, Hi-def graphics isn't what it's about, simple charts and easily readable text is what matters and the Soyo does a better job at it.

Here is the Officemax link for it:
    http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=21361009

Cash

#22     Jan 13, 2008
  3. Boss302

Boss302

The Dell 22" are hard to beat imo for the price at $239 or $275 for the ultrasharp w/adjustable stand. I know some people don't like Dell but I've never had any problems.

#23     Jan 13, 2008
  4. Save your eyes, don’t get a TN panel monitor...paid the extra money and get an IPS, MVA, or PVA.

#24     Jan 13, 2008
  5. Boomer

Boomer

Could you give a few examples or post a link of a monitor that you are talking about...

On the specs page, I dont see these different types you are talking about...how do you know what they are?

#25     Jan 13, 2008
  6. #26     Jan 14, 2008
  7. You will need to do the research to find out what kind of panels. I used to check forums and reviews on the monitors that I was interested in. Also, the type of panel depends on what you are using the monitor for.

#27     Jan 14, 2008
  8. Boomer

Boomer

thanks addias. i will be using these monitors for trading purposes only.

i will check out those links...

#28     Jan 14, 2008
  9. Adobian

Adobian

Officemax currently have a sale for Soyo 8 bit PVA panel 24 inch LCD monitor for $299. I think it's called Topaz.

#29     Jan 14, 2008
  10. maxpi

maxpi

LaCie makes monitors for photographers, personally I'm looking at their stuff first next time I upgrade, seems more likely they would vet stuff for quality than Dell/typical schlockers... besides you can calibrate it for rendition and photoshop with it!!

#30     Jan 14, 2008