Buy the SPY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brucelevy, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Spy likely to head higher over the rest of November with 87.36% probability based on a machine learning algorithm I’ve been running to read pattern and orderflow recognition.

2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

SPY headed higher in November based upon my visual observation based on decades of experience.

Palindrome and Clubber Lang like this.
  3. SPY mark 271.89 as I type this, clean price about 271.10. Inverting the Diebold formula, using current VIX adjusted to root-time and Friday as a proxy for to-end-of-month vol, and fraction returns above zero as 87%, solves for an expected SPY move of about +6% between now and Nov 30th.

I'm skeptical, but good luck.

4. maxinger

maxinger

I wouldn't just buy.
    I will buy when it is trending up.
    I will sell when it is trending down.

smallfil and tortoise like this.
  5. I will buy when the moon is in the Seventh House And Jupiter aligns with Mars. Or will I sell....I forget. Maybe I will go long an ATM straddle....or is it a strangle?

therehego likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

If the dems win both the House and Senate, kiss your model goodbye.

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There is a zero chance of that

8. Overnight

Overnight

That is a surprising statement from you. Surely you know that black swans can happen outside of finance? I am truly surprised at your thoughts on that.

9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

It is impossible for the Republicans to lose the Senate.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. I reckon' that has something to do with the number of Republican "seats up" for the senate this year or some such? I have not paid much attention to the exacting details of what is going on in Congress, because I'm exhausted from watching this shitty October market for equities.

But something in the back of my mind keeps screaming the "what if" thing. Bad habit. Apologies.

#10     Nov 3, 2018