Buy the dip

Discussion in 'Trading' started by galvinlee888, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Buy the dips will work as long as Ben is there

#11     Apr 6, 2013
  2. Ash1972

Ash1972

The problem is that pretty much 100% of the market now thinks Ben and his printing press will keep the market up forever.

When almost everyone thinks one thing will happen, the opposite actually happens.

#12     Apr 6, 2013
  3. That's true, I throw it away fast if it does not smell right. Also it must originate from a branch that was above a moving average :eek:

I know how much you quants hate moving averages, LOL!

:D

#13     Apr 6, 2013
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

An oldie but goodie. Over 2 years old now.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jllJ-HeErjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The poster reminds you to always do your own due diligence and analysis before buying or selling any financial instrument.

#14     Apr 6, 2013
  5. Visaria

Visaria

Yeah, that video tells you how to trade. Just apply money management and risk control.

Simple.

#15     Apr 7, 2013
  6. As far as i sww this type of posts, i can tell u still have side line bulls, not everyone isbin yet. This means the market will continue to go up.

#16     Apr 7, 2013
  7. As far as i see this type of posts, i can tell we still have side line bulls, not everyone is in the long yet. This means the market will continue to go up.

#17     Apr 7, 2013
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Actually, to me IWM looks toppy and be going down based on volume.

Sell the rot after you have down trend based on weeklies.

• iwm.gif
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
    #18     Apr 7, 2013
  9. Thanks. I think I'm seeing a full 5 waves up and broken trendline as well, so what pop we may get could be the lower high before the real shortable move down.

I've been thinking a lot about what you once posted: start your trading career on the weeklies, double your capital, then go to shorter time frames. It would definitely get you in the habit of not going against the longer term setup, when swing trading or scalping.

:)

#19     Apr 7, 2013
  10. Visaria

Visaria

If you are good enough to double your capital using weekly charts, why bother going to a lower time frame? Just keep using weeklies and keep doubling ya money!!!

The big money is in the big swings which usually occur in higher time frames.

#20     Apr 7, 2013