Buy the buildup, Sell the confirmation -The Election-

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Whats everyones view on this just being another buy the rumour sell the news scenario??

The markets and oil all rocketing so much cos the excitement of the buildup, but gna tank when the confirmation gets through??

As my view is at the moment everything is going up cos of the hope (well guaranteed) that who ever gets in will be better than george bush!! :D :p :D

So the rallies isnt cos someone new coming in, we rallying just cos we getting bush out finally!! LOL

But when obama gte confirmed then the worries will coem in if he can really save the world, and with worried comes short selling an falling prices...

2. Whoooooooo hooooo?? LOl

3. S2007S

S2007S

I think the selloff does come through once the votes are in and a decision is made, it will be a sell the news scenerio.

4. If Obama wins I will give everyone with less than 100 posts a dollar. I better start distributing my wealth before the government does it for me.

5. kxvid

kxvid

I wouldn't sell the news but I do think these levels on the DOW can't hold. I think we will have a nice selloff maybe tomorrow. Just type in the tickers on any DOW component, the P/E's are very high like 11 and that is mostly pre recession earnings.