Buy some AAPL $450?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by PaulVl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. lol, it is all amusing. u either mean selling puts, selling a strangle, or selling covered calls.

#31     Jan 27, 2013
  2. gobar

gobar

no new product for apple this quarter so i think its gonna grind down slowly. then comes jun/july quarter and rumor monger should start pumping the stock back to $550 level to fill the gap..

#32     Jan 27, 2013
  3. rknas

rknas

Jan 2nd was the bigger down trend line, so continuation of downside, don't see any real or fake reversal.

Nov 29 was a small upper channel which did make a new high, so even though it looks like a fake, it did make a new high. I would manage that by tightening stop and taking a smaller loss or BE.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/aapl127.png/

#33     Jan 27, 2013
  4. Mastacoli – I trade AAPL weekly options every Friday . I did purchase the Jan 2014 $430 leap last Thursday and started to write the weekly calls. It is a change in my Apple trading strategy but at these prices I could not resist. Don’t get me wrong I look at charts when deciding when to trade – I keep it simple 9 Min and 20 minute MA and Candles.

#34     Jan 28, 2013
  5. i am thinking it is forming a bottom here....made some money . huge risk though
    take a bite? or not?:confused:

#35     Jan 28, 2013
  6. :cool:

#36     Jan 28, 2013
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

So I upgraded from the iphone 4 to the 5. It turned out to be complete piece of junk. The battery life was horrendous for me, and going by the all the complaints on Apple's forum, I wasn't the only one by a longshot. So for the first time in years, I actually thought about switching away from iPhone, and guess what? I did it.

I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and it's incredible in every way. I don't even think about missing my iphone.

And in terms of Apple's other offerings:

I think the resign of iTunes is horrendous and virtually unusable. I think Spotify is totally going to decimate this whole "buying songs" business model that Apple latched on to.

I think the lack of real innovation since Steve Jobs is deeply concerning.

I think iCloud is a joke and virtually useless.

I think that the most useful product in the entire line is the MacBook Air, but virtually nobody actually realizes this.

I think that the gradual shift of turning Mac OS into a big IOS appliance device is a bad move.

I think this whole "Native App" thing is going to be an industry joke in 5 years, to be replaced by better functioning web apps built with HTML5 and beyond, that require no constant updates. Also, finding useful apps on the App Store is virtually impossible.

And to make matters worse, there was a news report last week that kids no longer think that Apple is cool because they are getting hand-me-down products from their parents.

In a nutshell, I think Apple is the new Blackberry of the tech industry. I know they have a pile of cash, but the writing is on the wall and it's only a matter of time before the inevitable fall from grace.

Historically speaking, I'm usually a few years ahead with predictions of this nature. This one will likely be no different but I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that the 15 minutes of fame is coming to an end for this company.

#37     Jan 28, 2013
  8. Bolts

Bolts

Never thought it would happen, but AAPL dropped low enough that it finally appeared on the fundamental-based stock screener I use. So it's in my top 60 or so favorite US stocks. AAPL is kind of the quintessential, household name, rock star tech stock that rarely comes onto my radar. Although I would need to research it some more before taking a position.

#38     Jan 28, 2013
  9. AAPL is not the same company without Jobs, he was AAPL, innovation which they no longer have. i don't understand why people cannot accept this. how did they miss the boat on their own phablet. if Jobs was still around, he would not have missed that boat.

i have 2 friends that are die hard AAPL fans the last 3 years. guess what, niether purchased an iphone 5, not that they cannot afford it, simply because of they were not happy of the need to purchase new charger.

it's called mkt saturation and lack of future innovation (ohhhh, AAPL TV, yeh, everyone is just raving about purchasing a tv that will cost $2k just to say they have it, right, not). and if anyone thinks china is the savior, think again.

oh, and fundamentals bank on future numbers. i doubt those future numbers account for Samsung, Google, and others capturing current mkt share which they will. it is already happening and will only accelerate.

#39     Jan 28, 2013
  10. I know it's a metaphor but still feels unfair.

Lasted many years.

#40     Jan 28, 2013