Buy some AAPL $450?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by PaulVl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yeah, well, you'll never guess where I sold the NFLX calls I forgot I had!

:D

#11     Jan 25, 2013
  2. Apple has fallen so drastically because the 4Q earnings report fell within (but on the low end of) extremely lofty projections, rather than exceeding them, and because the 1Q projections were lower than expected. But if you look at the raw numbers, you would still be hard-pressed to find a stronger buy, even if this stock were at $550.

I agree with those who say "wait to see - it didn't hold at $450 and could drop even lower" - but I also say you should get in on it. There are no numbers to support such a steep decline; the only thing to support such a steep decline is fear and following the crowd!

#12     Jan 25, 2013
  3. until apple shows you its got things great coming out its no better than a microsoft as a stock. i been screaming this for awhile on here though. i however shorted the S&P feeling so goes apple so goes the S&P so i won't be bragging and saying i called it. my problem is i always felt you had to have big balls to short or bounce a stock like this and i know my limits of risk.

#13     Jan 25, 2013
  4. iprph90

iprph90

anyone know what price the s&p 500 would be at if aapl had a p/e ratio equal to the index?

#14     Jan 25, 2013

5. Interesting first post.

#15     Jan 25, 2013
  6. Jan 2012 gap fill, that is the magnet IMO.

#16     Jan 25, 2013

7. .-- .... .- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- ..--..

#17     Jan 26, 2013
  8. PaulVl

PaulVl

Take your investing capital divide into five. Take that one fifth piece and divide into three. With that buy some aapl now, buy some at 420 and some at 385 if need be.

Hard stop @$340.

#18     Jan 26, 2013
  9. Or perhaps learn how to read price action and when it looks like it's finally ready to turn use a better portion of your capital with a fixed stop and no ambiguity.

Scaling in is evidence of lacking a good entry method.

#19     Jan 26, 2013
  10. That's easy for you to say.

#20     Jan 26, 2013