Buy S&P Now!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pupu, Feb 9, 2011.

1. bonds

bonds

I dont really understand what you are trying to say?

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. sell s&p now!!:D

#12     Feb 11, 2011
  3. I guess he's talking about there being too strong of a sentiment and that if 'everybody' thinks the market is going up, then it wont.

All well and good, and i'd agree with him if it was another market that wasn't so heavily manipulated for obvious reasons.
    However, in this case, as i've been saying since the day I joined, we are going UP over time and always will. We HAVE too!!!
    If we started to go down strongly, rules would be put in place to stop people shorting, weak/underperforming stocks would be removed from the index etc etc. The natural upside bias is too strong - silly to try to fight it. Embrace it!

#13     Feb 11, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

longs have the fed on their side. who do you have?

your prediction was quite funny!

#14     Feb 11, 2011
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

exactomundo....at this point there is no denying they would change the rules. In the end though the market will go to where it needs to go. Unless they also change the rules of not being able to SELL :D

#15     Feb 11, 2011
  6. kashirin

kashirin

markets go where they should go
    housing is the last example. They wanted bubble- they got it, and when it popped nothing could revive

the same will happen to stock market - when time comes no rules will shield it
    actually it happened 2 times in 10 years and I can't believe some think it will never happen again
    if you're too complacent with your unrealized gain you will be burnt

#16     Feb 11, 2011
  7. S2007S

S2007S

The market has Bubble ben bernanke on its side, these good times will not last forever in the market, what goes up ALWAYS comes down, like you said this has happened quite a bit in the last decade and the same outcome will appear in front of us again, there will be a significant correction but when is anyone's guess.

#17     Feb 11, 2011
  8. USD strength continues and the Dollar rally gets closer.
    This will be bearish for stocks, Euro, Aussie dollar and various commodities.

The very overdue equity correction gets closer and closer...

#18     Feb 11, 2011
  9. jax88

jax88

Well, the orderflow suggested a pullback. So I had position going at 1320. It worked out perfectly, had a gap down to 1310 and than at open something happen that I didn't notice until today morning before the open when I was doing analysis. What I saw after the fact was that 1312 longs were still holding from the day before even on the push to the 1308. So kudos to you if you bought the gap. I didn't catch that. Had to liquidate my short at 1317. And by the way, we did liquidate the longs from that 1293s area, but price didn't actually make it down there.

#19     Feb 11, 2011