Buy Northern Rock

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ASusilovic, Sep 14, 2007.

1. If you´re a market maker from London => I won´t tell you. If you´re not => Private Message ! :D

#11     Sep 14, 2007
  2. dhpar

dhpar

do you mean they missed on the last few years rally? I am happy to be ultimately wrong - and that is not yet clear anyway.

#12     Sep 14, 2007
  3. just21

just21

They are queing to get there money out at Northern Rock.

#13     Sep 14, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

pensioners know the best. gl

#14     Sep 14, 2007
  5. zer0

zer0

I was waiting for that argument ;)
    When I say he was right I mean he was right on the causes, SPOT ON the credit market problems months or years before it started unwinding.
    I am a small retail trader and i don't want to enter into the typical discussions between the heavily positionned long/short people. What interested me in this site is to have a reasonable contrarian view of the actual state of the economy. Can we make money with his statements ? For short term trading NO, but to make healthy long term decisions i think it can help. For example, this reading gave me a clear view of the housing bubble and prevented me to enter this market despite the surrounding buzz. It certainly saved me money.

#15     Sep 14, 2007
  6. Mvic

Mvic

AS, note the downgrades by SGS today.

#16     Sep 14, 2007
  7. I am not a bull and not a bear. I'm interested in making money, I don't what way the markets heads as long as I am on the right side. I've been reading about housing market problems and the "coming crash" for 3 years now.

Again, do the guys that have been predicting housing problems MADE ANY MONEY? Do they trade at all? Or are they primarily journalists collecting their bi-weekly paycheck? All I hear form the tinfoil bears is how they're long Gold since 1971 and how we're headed for 50% monthly inflation and other economic armageddon.

At least guys like Jim Rogers actually take on positions and put their money where their mouth is and - according to his interviews - are and stay short the builders and investment banks in the US. Takes balls to stay short though, I don't have the balls for it.

#17     Sep 14, 2007