Buy High, Sell Higher vs. Buy Low, Sell High

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by unet1604, Jun 13, 2006.

1. both can work. its all a matter of timing.

#11     Jun 14, 2006

2. Now that is really profound. You could also say it going to be a sunny day if it is not cloudy.

#12     Jun 14, 2006
  3. gnome

gnome

Both can work. However I have the sense that "buy high and sell higher" will produce better gains in the long run.

#13     Jun 14, 2006
  4. I don't see the difference and don't get it...

High/Low of what???

Higher/Lower relative to what???

I can't believe you guys can actually answer to this thread...

*sigh*

#14     Jun 14, 2006
  5. vguy

vguy

This really depends on what type of investors you are -

Buy low and sell high is good strategy for value investors. Value investors wait till the stock price fall considerably below the value of the stock and buy it.

Buy high and sell higher is good strategy for growth investors. Find a good growth stock, buy when its 52 week high and ride the growth of the stock. I have been somewhat successful on this.

Good luck,

#15     Jun 14, 2006
  6. unet1604

unet1604

Thank you for your constructive answer. I didn't understand TSGannGalt's reply until I read some of his other posts.

#16     Jun 14, 2006
  7. unet1604

unet1604

#17     Jun 14, 2006
  8. I believe, on my experience, that buying high is buying momentum, and momentum leads the big runs, wich means that you have something that a "countertrendtrader" (buying low) does not have. You need momentum to profit on the markets and momentum only shows with previous activity on the desired trend... so yes, you will buy not on the bottom but with some degree of "used" movement... some are afraid to buy a high price or already "expensive" price... , what they dont know is that most probably that is a very good place to buy inminent momentum... the one that will make you profitable.

• 2.jpg
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    #18     Aug 25, 2006
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

This is just the latest round of the ol' support/resistence-versus-momentum argument. It all depends on which one a trader believes matters more: price level or price change. Like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Move along, folks, nothing to see here. :p

#19     Aug 25, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

Well, it is profound because, in reality, there is nothing more to be said. The whole thread is BS basically.

#20     Aug 28, 2006