buy government gold coins

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ljolie711, Jan 23, 2009.

1. I did not realize Scottiabank acquired Mocatta.

I know what trades in the marketplace and which bars have highest premiums, because they are easily recognized. Have seen those bars only a few times.

Since ScottiaMocata charges such a low premium, why isn't being sold & resold with the dealers? Seems like an obvious opportunity to me.

#11     Feb 5, 2009
  2. reason being they just upped the offer to $114 a coin, he still says this is $50K in gc and if it goes upto $2000/oz it could be worth more than when it was $99; $166K. If your averaging in higher how do you get more if u have the same profit target?

#12     Feb 9, 2009
  3. there was supposed to be a title on that post, I think it's scam, or at least very shady.

#13     Feb 9, 2009
  4. Those are 1/10 oz gold coins. I've had one for about 5 years, I bought it at 40 bucks. The ones he has a pile of that he caresses in his hands are 1 oz gold coins, they are not the ones being advertised. It's an advertising trick. If you look closely at the one they advertise, it's the small coin zoomed in.

#15     Feb 9, 2009
  5. ScotiaMocatta opens its e-store, you can buy gold and silver from its website.

#16     Sep 29, 2009
  6. 22$ for silver coin when spot at 16$?
    6$ premium=40% fucking crazy

#17     Sep 29, 2009
  7. It's in $CAD but it is still a rip off at around $20 USD. $1 premium over spot for physical is what should be charged, not $4. APMEX has a special right now with sub $1 premiums over spot on silver bars & rounds.

#18     Sep 30, 2009