'Buy farmland and gold,' advises Dr Doom, Faber

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallStWhizKid, Feb 23, 2010.

1. hmm,

I don't know when that was - probably just a tough year or just a good story to print - I don't keep track of it very closely. We have rented our farm land out with no problems for many years. At least East ND is still very, very good farm land as far as I know. Maybe the story was more in West ND where the land is tougher (but now they are finding oil in some areas!)

JJacksET4

#31     Feb 27, 2010
  2. #32     Mar 5, 2010
  3. The above post is a reason not to rely on Wikipedia. Wiki makes Roubini out to be competent.

Is Nouriel Roubini a False Prophet?

Roubini called the rally off the March '09 a suckers rally and that the S&P500 would be at 600 in the fall of '09. Economists don't put their money where their mouth is because they know their field is utter bullshit.

Example of economic forecasting (and a reason why Roubini makes so many predictions - if you throw enough shit on a wall, something is bound to stick):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (source)

Now for Faber. Does he manage money or is he just a fortune teller? Farmers rely on govt subsidies to survive. Your not going to get rich doing that stupid shit.

#33     Mar 5, 2010
  4. Thanks Covertibility for the reply. :) So how to make sure what you read is correct?

#34     Apr 2, 2010
  5. ashatet

ashatet

I think Faber needs to get a real job. The guy has never really had a productive job, as in working to produce something of value, even McDonalds is considered a real productive job. Sitting on the arse whole day and wearing a Tie and managing other people's money and get a cut out of that.

The less the gloom seems now, the more desperate this guy is getting in predicting bad things.

Eventually the world will end, but it could take millions of years or a few hundred years, and we all know that.

#35     Apr 3, 2010
  6. It's been over a week since the last Faber video hit youtube...

You're not sick are you, Doc?

#36     Apr 7, 2010
  7. Revolution in Thailand!!!

Lucky for Faber he has a farm in N- Zeeland!

#37     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Yes, but it a lot easier to seize farmland that it is to seize properly-hidden gold....

#38     Apr 9, 2010