Buy! DRYS and EBI

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ptrjon, May 6, 2010.

1. Just curious - what "tons of good trades" are you seeing?

I've been kind of absent/out of sync lately, so I don't have much on my screen.

#11     May 9, 2010
  2. Well I am betting small that we have a good Monday and possibly a good week.

Looking at the charts, I think we bottom near S&P 1100.

I got in MO and NRF Friday afternoon, and I'm ready to jump back in tech names once I feel a bit more confident.

Mostly cash right now though, waiting to see what happens Monday.

As for companies I'm watching for the bounce: MO (I really feel good about MO, it didn't come down much with the correction, and it's upcoming dividend announcement will definitely attract $$$), SWKS, FLEX, NRF, MSFT, TQNT, EMC, WIN, LPX, SPF, SKX, PFE

Once the Europe chatter begins dieing down, GE, PGF, C

Honestly, DRYS isn't bad just because it looks like it will clearly bounce once sentiment changes. But NAT looks attractive here as well, or look at DSX!

#12     May 9, 2010
  3. NOPE unless this is only a Dividend Yield PLay.

#13     May 9, 2010
  4. ptrjon

ptrjon

wow, you totally just set me up, and knocked me down.

Actually, the only trade I've ever done with DRYS was a few months ago, where i did pretty well selling an ATM covered call. So far, I am optimistic that I bought at the right time here as well.

Also, a lot of people, perhaps including yourself, lose money "doing some research and learning about technicals". We invest differently, I hope you can accept that. I bought a company that is trading for half of it's book value, who has had a bad year and has potential to rebound with the economy. The world is steadily moving towards globalization, and dry bulk shipping will most likely be a growing business.

I could be wrong, but I was right with palm a few months ago when lots disagreed. ignore the crowd.

#14     May 10, 2010