Buy Countrywide CFC

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Why is it...............EVERY tick going across the tape, EVERY hour of EVERY day includes a buying element?

Why?

I'll be looking for an answer. Afterall, you came here on your own accord. Don't confuse that with a Honda.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That aside, as evidenced by yesterday's intra-day high, CFC still hasn't cleared $30.

#21     Aug 1, 2007
  2. Effy
    It was pretty clear enough to most to stay away from CFC and this sector long.

You need to learn some better trading and analysis skills and employ stop losses. Now you are in the red and it will only get much worse. Learn to cut your losses/limit your losses/protect your capital/use stop losses. Like I said to you in my initial post NEVER fight the trend. And the trend for this sector is DOWN! Learn from your mistakes.

Good Luck next time I wish you the best.

#22     Aug 1, 2007
  3. Oh yeah and NEVER fall in love with a CEO.
    Kinda icky and certainly not profitable!:D

#23     Aug 1, 2007

4. Foremost, I'm WRONG. It's "clearly" cleared $30

Feel better?

Good.

I do appreciate YOUR concern over my capital. Like a guardian angel.

But, what I have is a probe. Bought on extreme weakness. The intent is to add at the appropriate times. That's plural. To be on the same side as the ax. I believe I am (though he can be simultaneously short and long).

Sound silly? Naw.

One little munchkin gap of a quarter point, multiplied by 593 million shares would be $148 million on the Richter scale (which goes up from there). Point being, somebody(s) absorbing shares.

Therefore, though WRONG, no reason to cut and run just yet. But definitely NOT a time to add. We'll see how it plays out. We'll call it sacrificing the pawn for the rook.

Did I say anything about lending? Nope. I did say a little about paper (and its merchandising). I also said that other than the ability to RELEASE news at opportune times and opening the front door, the CEO is inconsequential. Hardly love.

#24     Aug 1, 2007
  5. effy

Is it time to BUY CFC?:D

#25     Aug 3, 2007
  6. Well effy my sophomoric analysis has proven to be correct hasn't it?

And your freshman analysis was very incorrect regarding the housing sector and CFC and what has yet to be played out in the housing sector.

#26     Aug 3, 2007
  7. I've got $30 puts right now.

Anyone thinking under $20 ?

#27     Aug 4, 2007
  8. 11Blade

11Blade

I think 25 is the reported book value of this pig. Of that 25.00 I wonder how much is real.

I suspect that it will heaviy defended every dollar down to 20.00, until someone uncovers a gross valuation error.

#28     Aug 4, 2007
  9. Earnings are going to be under pressure and drop in the coming months as the real estate bubble pops.

Maybe lock that profit you have and reenter?

#29     Aug 4, 2007
  10. Hard to believe that CFC is still easy to short. The only thing that can put a floor under them is a big rate cut.

#30     Aug 4, 2007