buy, buy, buy, buy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cmdtytrdr, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I dunno whats wrong with this market. The econ #'s aren't that bad. Yea credit is a bit tight and investment banks are going under but does it justify a 5000 point bear market?

#21     Oct 8, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

5000 points is not enough. we need to go down to 7000.

#22     Oct 8, 2008

3. Simple. Credit and leverage has been proping up stocks, not earnings. Ergo no credit, no bull market. Get it?

#23     Oct 8, 2008
  4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

"short & naked "(dumb ass name)lol.. he actually hit the nail on the head. he is 100% correct on this.

#24     Oct 8, 2008
  5. It's not the #'s you dunce. Its the fact that nobody knows how the market is going to price the next year of tight lending/spending. Consumers and companies will likely be strapped for cash and if the dire predictions are true, many more jobs will be lost. The #'s today don't mean shit, people are freaked about the numbers 6 months to 2 years out...

I see nothing now that leads me to believe that confidence has been restored. In fact everything I see leads me to believe that confidence has yet to go even lower, at least until after the election.

To any of you long terms bottom callers I say good luck, you're going to need that and some deep pockets.

#25     Oct 8, 2008
  6. It's different in so far that it's not 1987 or 2003.

#26     Oct 8, 2008
  7. Quote from cmdtytrdr:

1700 posts in your short time on ET and im the paper trader. you sound like another trend following day trader zombie. scratch that. that may be a compliment for you.

153 posts, and you have a delusion that you are Mr. smart and a pro? Who is looking for compliments?

more likely youre a sophomore at pace studying finance and think youre a big swinging dik.

I have been trading for 20 years. People who talk like you are rarely what they claim. You cannot even use spelling or language correctly. Your analyses show that you are a very simple minded trader.

i lol at morons like you. youre time horizon is 45 seconds. good luck getting rich with those quick 200 share flips. haha.

Post your statements. You are the papertrader claiming to be "smart" and a "pro."

Ah, like this gem, where you reply to yourself twice in one page.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2109232#post2109232

Or the title of this thread "buy, buy, buy, buy" did you spend hours thinking that up all by yourself?

Time to put dummy on Ignore, before he falls off his keyboard...

#27     Oct 9, 2008
  8. you're just here to be an idiot and rabble rouse. typical et'er.

#28     Oct 9, 2008
  9. Thats the best time 2 buy; when there is a lot of uncertainty. It is better to buy now when the markets are selling off than wait for the 'good news' and pay up at a much higher price.

#29     Oct 9, 2008
  10. Maybe if the fundamental data supports a short term "over reaction" or panic. However, the fact is that right now, with the extent of credit problem unknown, you nor I have no way of knowing how far down this market needs to go before there is true value.

Right now, the SPY is at 97 off a high of 156, I believe that is about a 37% decline. Are you prepared to ride out a trade down to 50% off those highs? How about 80% off which is very possible...

The "pay up at a much higher price" rationale doesn't work over the long term when we're seeing such a dramatic turn in fundamentals. Once the fundamentals change then you buy into excessive selling.

#30     Oct 9, 2008