buy, buy, buy, buy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cmdtytrdr, Oct 8, 2008.

1. tbone4

tbone4

cmdtytrdr,

can you give me the symbols to the etf's you are buying?

thanks.

#11     Oct 8, 2008
  2. sure, fxi and ewh (china), epi (india), ewj (japan).

#12     Oct 8, 2008
  3. Those are pretty good. I prefer EWZ though. They are all the same pretty much but the brazil and hong kong ones seem to have more upside.

#13     Oct 8, 2008
  4. I know what you mean. I'm talking about slightly longer term here. As a day trade it's definitely tough to buy in this kindve market, but today would probably be a day that i would bet we end higher. too much pain recently - we're due for an up day - and huge positive macro news out today. if there would be an up day around here, today would be a good candidate. my plays are slightly longer term in nature, anyway. best of luck...

#14     Oct 8, 2008
  5. EWZ is a good name, too. truth is macro gonna dictate mostly everything here, short term. EWZ very oil dependent and rate cuts should be bullish for oil and therefore brazil. If market rallies EWZ should skyrocket.

#15     Oct 8, 2008
  6. Congratulations on your strategy.
    You are about as out-of-touch with the current market as McCain is with the economy.
    Perhaps you can come up with a nice "photo-shop" screen-shot of a fake ES position to prove otherwise.

:D

#16     Oct 8, 2008
  7. haha. seriously. buy high, sell low. why does the whole world do this? i guess i should be thankful - that's why pros like me make money. people behave irrationally and markets aren't efficient. but i understand people have been burned trying to pick bottoms, just don't go whole hog then. why aren't people nibbling here tho? instead they're all selling and going to cash. at dow 14000 people couldn't wait to get into hedge and mutual funds and buy their third spec property. weird.

herd mentality methinks :(

#17     Oct 8, 2008
  8. Quote from cmdtytrdr:

. buy high, sell low. why does the whole world do this?

Because the evidence supports this as one of the few ways of making money. Buy on strength, well on weakness. That is what the experts do. STRIKE ONE against your claimed being the smartest ad being a pro. You are obviously a papertrader/newbie

i guess i should be thankful - that's why pros like me make money.

cough, gag...You are to pros as patients are to mental institutions

people behave irrationally and markets aren't efficient.

The markets are terribly efficient. Why do you think so few make money? Edges are hard to find, and harder to keep. STRIKE TWO against your claimed being the smartest ad being a pro. You are obviously a papertrader/newbie

but i understand people have been burned trying to pick bottoms, just don't go whole hog then. why aren't people nibbling here tho? instead they're all selling and going to cash.

During the Depression, the market went MUCH further down. It took 20 years to regain their money. During the Asian currency crisis, some markets went down 80%. STRIKE THREE against your claimed being the smartest ad being a pro. You are obviously a papertrader/newbie

herd mentality methinks :(

In your self-dazzled state, you are already under the hooves...

#18     Oct 8, 2008

9. 1700 posts in your short time on ET and im the paper trader. you sound like another trend following day trader zombie. scratch that. that may be a compliment for you.

more likely youre a sophomore at pace studying finance and think youre a big swinging dik.

i lol at morons like you. youre time horizon is 45 seconds. good luck getting rich with those quick 200 share flips. haha.

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. "During the Depression, the market went MUCH further down. It took 20 years to regain their money"

.......And the biggest war the world had ever seen

#20     Oct 8, 2008