Buy Bid / Buy Ask or Sell Bid / Sell Ask ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heispark, Sep 7, 2019.

1. heispark

heispark

For some reason, I cannot find detailed description of these market order types either from google search or platform documentations. Anyone can please provide some details of these order types? What is the difference with traditional market order (Buy Market or Sell Market)? What's the advantage or disadvantage of them? When I want to use them? etc.....

2019-09-08_10-30-56.png

Thanks,

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Buy ask is an aggressive order that matches the ASK where you expect a quick execution.

Buy Bid will enter a buy order to match the bid which requires the sellers to lower their offers to hit your bid. Less aggressive and might not get an execution.

Both are limit orders and not "market orders."

3. Overnight

Overnight

Ask your software vendor. Call them on the phone on Monday and ask them your questions. Because everything posted here is speculation, because we do not know how your software works, we do not know your broker, we know nothing abut your setup.

heispark likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Come on. BUY ASK And BUY BID are standard order types. We do it with HOT keys not the order ticket.

tommcginnis and Bum like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I have learned to never assume. And you will note it is a cellphone screen. Trading on a cellphone. *sighs* I'm taking a conservative bent on this question OMM. Sorry :-(

6. Overnight

Overnight

And by the way, a part of my little plan on my response there is to try to instigate more interaction between customer and broker on the phone. I still believe in that. I think the best answers are given when there is interaction, like, with humans? Talking? Oi!

heispark likes this.
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm an AI not a real person.

upload_2019-9-7_22-4-12.png

tommcginnis and BlueWaterSailor like this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Yes sir.

And you are old enough to remember bits.

Carry on, #6. :)

9. I knew it! All those inhumanly precise answers... all that HFT knowledge, almost as if there was a personal slant on it...

The robots are not just coming. They're HERE.

tommcginnis likes this.
  10. %%
    Both can work well if allowed time to work. BUT sell ask,LOL, just be ready to change to ''market order '' LOL. AND '' DONT quibble over a quarter + miss the move'' as IBD founder noted...……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

#10     Sep 8, 2019