Buy AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin2, Jun 5, 2007.

1. I'm about to short Apple. There are rare times when a product is so hyped as the iPhone. Apple will be limiting the number released at first, to ratchet up the hype.

How much can a handset contribute to Apple's bottom line?

This is not a $199 iPod, with no real competitor.

It's a $500 phone/iPod, when phones can be had for free, and iPods have reached saturation.

This short can go wrong. Of course it can.

With Apple at the pinnacle of the hype cycle, and priced for zero mistakes, I'll take my chances.

Edit - I'd love to see a reversal and $125 taken out. It would be great if this happened just prior to the release date.

#11     Jun 7, 2007
  2. I can't wait to short AAPL. Just a matter of time. I wish i got in long, but each time I talked myself out of it. Talked myself out of it at 95, and again at 110, and again at 120. I'm a fool, but I will make money on this bad boy when it goes down.

#12     Jun 7, 2007
  3. AAPL should run into the iphone release unless the naz shakes hard or if they finally settle the lawsuit with burst

#13     Jun 7, 2007
  4. xiaodre

xiaodre

Since the ipod, AAPL is a monster. It's balance sheet is excellent. It's a well run company. There's always money to be made on the short side, but short it at your own risk, man.

#14     Jun 7, 2007
  5. Alright!! I did pump AAPL back in the day. I should've followed my own silly advice.

#15     Jul 25, 2007
  6. Should've followed my own advice. :confused:

#16     Jul 25, 2007