Buy A Home, Get a Green Card

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ivanbaj, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jem

jem

that not the U.S. that is florida. many states raise property taxes every year.

Florida gives homesteaded property a tax freeze.

I left florida and sold my properties. I will avoid buying a home in California until I see some sort of sane tax policy.

At he moment I have no idea who CA or FL or any other state plans to pay for their mostly bloated budgets.

#11     Mar 23, 2009
  2. How many Asians are in your neighborhood? My guess is none.

You should know that the neighborhoods that have big % of Asians are expensive to get into. These neighborhoods have some of the best public schools in the US.

#12     Mar 23, 2009
  3. Bob111

Bob111

:D :D :D
    you are funny...and you have no idea about what i really mean..it's ok...
    but..just let you know...i'm in top 10 school districts in US for more than a decade..and yes, you right..there is no asians around here..:D

#13     Mar 23, 2009
  4. Green card and a free ride on the American social safety net I imagine. Sounds like a great way to sell a house, but long-term the effects could be much different.

#14     Mar 23, 2009
  5. LOL

Why not guys?? :cool:
    Stop being such bitches you americans... lol

In UK about 25% of the people who live here now are foreigners.
    Its just how the world is now, adapt or die. :p

#15     Mar 24, 2009
  6. Globalization baby

#16     Mar 24, 2009
  7. WesSeid

WesSeid

If there's no minimum on it, they could just go to Detroit and buy a house for $3k or so and get their green card.

On a similar note, my state is thinking about giving resident prices at the state university to illegal aliens. Shows how dumb I am, I would have thought illegal aliens would have a hard time even registering.

#17     Mar 25, 2009
  8. toc

toc

soon it will be buy a us made car and get a green card :D

#18     Mar 25, 2009
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

"The blueprint for a program to sell surplus housing to immigrants is already in place with the EB-5 visa program. Each year, 10,000 EB-5 visas for this country are available for foreigners who each invest $1 million in a new enterprise ($500,000 in economically depressed areas) that creates at least 10 full-time jobs. After two years, the entrepreneur and his family can become permanent residents."

What investment/enterprise would be the best to fullfill the requirements for this?

Well, maybe a skiresort:

http://www.eb5greencard.com/

#19     Mar 25, 2009