Buttontrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by markc, Nov 27, 2003.

1. #11     Nov 28, 2003
  2. Ditch

Ditch

I'm using BT live, although the fills in simulation mode seem to be rather realistic it still remains a simulation. If you want to be on the safe side subtract 1 or 2 ticks per trade from your P/L. But imo you should ask ask yourself in all fairness whether you can afford to trade the ES.

#12     Nov 28, 2003
  3. markc

markc

I'm already trading es profitably. I trade for 8-10 point swings a few times a month. But I'm considering adding a scalping approach to my trading. Why do you ask if I can afford to trade es?

#13     Nov 28, 2003
  4. markc

markc

Thanks for the link. I was looking for a non-biased opinion and assumed they would tell me the fills were great anyway:)

I may chase them up and see what they say anyway.

#14     Nov 28, 2003
  5. markc

markc

Thanks....had no idea there was one. I will follow that up.

#15     Nov 28, 2003
  6. I am using buttontrader. I used it in simulation mode for a couple of weeks before going realtime with it. I think its simulation mode is pretty close to reality. You might talk to Scientist. He says he is doing hi volume scalping with Buttontrader.

#16     Nov 28, 2003
  7. markc

markc

Thanks for the feedback. I did try to pm Scientist 2 times a week or 2 ago - but he has not responded to me. I was asking questions about scalping, not buttontrader though.

I have sent an email to the support people and await their response. I also found the yahoo group and will join there and see if I can pick up any useful info.

Thanks again to all the responses I have recieved....:)

#17     Nov 28, 2003
  8. I also use Button Trader. I've been using it live for the last month or so trading NQ.

It takes some time to adjust to live trading. In simulation mode the program is very generous with its fills. It still is the best simulation I've used & very realistic but not real. If you are trying to sell on the ask & buy on the bid, it does work the same in the real world but with alot less frequency as in simu mode.

Overall I'm very satisfied with Button Trader, I couldn't imagine even trying to trade Nq without it now. The only way you will know for sure, is spend a few bucks & use it for real, that is what I did.

If you think your results are to good to be true, they probably are.

#18     Nov 28, 2003
  9. markc

markc

Thanks for the feedback intrinsic. My results are good for someone who doesn't scalp. I found it 'too' easy and am trying to figure what the catch is. But for someone who is a scalper I doubt my results are anything special. I'd spend a couple of months in the simulator and then move to the real thing. But before I do I'm looking for comments such as those in this thread as to how realistic the fills are.

I have joined the yahoo group, but it is not very active.

#19     Nov 29, 2003
  10. Ditch

Ditch

I didn't ask if you can afford it, i said YOU should ask yourself. As you're kinda slow... i made this remark because you can't or won't spend $50 to check something that's vital to your trading, although you're raking it in big on your swing trades.:confused:

#20     Nov 29, 2003