BUTTONTRADER: 2 concurrently opened buttongrids on one TAB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by herringtrader, Aug 3, 2006.

1. West_trader, I've been testing ZT for a bit now.
    Can you tell me if it's possible to use 'attached' orders in a strategy. These are available from IB and allow you to attach an exit-stop to an open-order. When the open is triggered the exit-stop is activated and waiting.
    I see that ZT does immediately transmit the open order. If comm goes down and the order is executed after that, I cannot intervene and no safety-stop is there. This was one of the reasons to use IB, so it would be a shame if ZT doesn't support the feature.

Ursa..

#31     Aug 9, 2006
  2. Andriy

Andriy

I recently began using Buttontrader. My purpose in posting is to relate my experience with BT support. I ran into a little problem my third day out. The resultant support offered me by Robert (Hoi) was exceptional. He took an active interest in helping me understand and resolve my problem. This would certainly be a different world if the big guys (Tradestation, E-Signal, et al) took some lessons from the little guys on how to deal effectively with customers (Quotetracker is another good example of excellent customer support).

Although my experience to date with Buttontrader is fairly limited, having been a user for only four days, I'm really liking this program a lot. To echo what another poster has written, -- its a good tool for making one's trading life a lot less painful.

#32     Aug 9, 2006
  3. I haven't used the "attached" in TWS or ZLT. You can ask ZLT support (www.zerolinetrader.com) if this feature is supported or request it to be added.

But ZLT does have the backup order or even can send the stop order with the entry order. So your entry order is protected from beginning regardless if the connection goes down or not.

BTW, I usually do not use these features either. My T1 connection rarely goes down. Both TWS and ZLT have been working reliably.

Anyway, as a trader, ZLT meets the needs and works reliably at the reasonable price.

I just pointed out a fact missed in your post and am not interested in the feature list comparison. You choose what works for you. Or you have other agenda then do what you get to do. But stay with the fact and the truth.

#33     Aug 10, 2006
  4. That's ok, I'm not comparing either. After your earlier remark as was forced to admit I didn't use ZT for real trading, only comparing dry-runs. I decided to fill in that omission and ran into this issue immediately. Asking you, as a user seemed to me the quickest way, but I'll check ZT's guys about it. Thanks for your reply,

Ursa..

#34     Aug 10, 2006
  5. The customer service at ZT is a joke! Sometimes you have to wait for 2 days for a reply which is usually not understandable. To solve a simple problem can take a week. I switched to buttontrader, a lot more expensive but the customer support is outstanding. Pretty much everything is outstanding with BT.

#35     Aug 10, 2006
  6. rcj

rcj

I agree. ButtonTrader support is very good whether it takes
    the form of documentation(excellent) or email comm with Hoi.
    Personally ive never encountered docs this good.

I have used BT to trade index futs. and stks for a couple of
    months. Not one problem. Very fast. Very solid. And yes, it
    isnt cheap. Adjusting the price structure a bit would probably
    entice some more IB traders to give it a go. Just my opinion.

Oh, and BTW, Hoi is located in the NL and he's got to sleep
    sometime. So, if you email from US take note.

... rj

#36     Aug 11, 2006
  7. 08-03-06 04:24 PM - the first post started this thread

08-10-06 04:04 PM

If the support is "outstanding," why do you have to post the frontend specific question on ET forum? You have asked the frontend's support I assume? Have you tried the frontend's forum first? Still need to post question here?

I just corrected a missing fact in a post here. Now all I can say is there is no need to put others down to do the promotion of self.

#37     Aug 11, 2006

8. I was not a subscriber at that time so I had to wait for the reply a little longer and I was inpatient so I posted my question here at ET too. Now that I am a subscriber the reply is very fast comparing to ZT or e-signal or ENSIGN charting customer support. The only customer support I found faster was the QUOTETRACKER support back a year ago when I was using it.

The funny thing is that HOI, who is doing customer support for BT, replied to my question on this thread! He only confirmed that the previous explanation was correct! He even has time to look at forums to reply to questions. unbelievable! Try to get this from ZT or any other IB front end.

#38     Aug 11, 2006