BUTTONTRADER: 2 concurrently opened buttongrids on one TAB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by herringtrader, Aug 3, 2006.

1. rudyo

rudyo

Who is TT and what front end do you use with them? I REALLY like BT and the problem with going to another broker is that BT only supports IB.

#11     Aug 3, 2006
  2. TT is..... www.tradingtechnologies.com

#12     Aug 3, 2006
  3. bolter

bolter

herring,
    right click on the symbol in the TWS_Grid and select 'Open new ButtonGrid container for this ticker'.

#13     Aug 4, 2006
  4. Bolter,

Firs of all thanks again for trying to help!!!!!!!

This is what I did:

1. In "window" I clicked on TWS-GRID.

2. I right clicked on the following row: IDEALPRO FX-EUR.USD

3. Then I left clicked on "Open a new Buttongrid-container for this Ticker"

What I got is a new buttongrid-container for the cash EURO. With one TAB named "EUR-USD".

Then I did the same steps for the GLOBEX EUR and I got another buttongrid-container for the Future EUR with one TAB named "EUR".

This is not what I need!

I would like to have one buttongrid-container with one TAB and in that one TAB I want to see the cash EUR buttongrids and the future EUR buttongrids. This way I could trade both without switching between TABs.

#14     Aug 4, 2006
  5. bolter

bolter

herring,
    if you want to trade them side by side that is your only choice. If you want to add a ticker as a tab in the same buttongrid just right click to the right of the existing tab and insert the new ticker - but you can only view one at a time. The third option is to right click the header above the tick chart and 'Add second chart to sheet' - where you can see both but trade one.

This should cover it.

bolter

#15     Aug 4, 2006
  6. Hoi

Hoi

Bolter answered it very well in the previous post. If you want to trade then you need a Price-ladder (a sheet can show more tick-charts but only one Price-Ladder). So it is:
    a) two Tabs
    or
    b) Two Containers side-by-side.

Please PM me if you need more help.

#16     Aug 4, 2006
  7. rcj

rcj

You can have ONLY one ticker associated with one tab and visa versa. And there is no need to switch tabs if you are using two
    containers or three or ...

... rj

• bt.doc
      File size:
      78 KB
      Views:
    #17     Aug 4, 2006
  8. Hoi

Hoi

I have no experience with ZG (I will check it today), but scalping really fast markets like ER2 and HSI are giving no problems at all.

Yesterday at the opening I traded ER2 and got a execution that fast that my mouse-finger was still going up after the click on the sell button...
    But to be frank: when scalping as a human-trader, it is not the speed of the broker-network that counts (which is less than 100ms), but the speed of the Trader and its Interface >> the eye-to-mouse-coordination is what makes the difference... How quickly can you see the market-moving, take a split-second decision to move your mouse-hand to the right-button and signaling the mouse-finger to click the button ? (or Hotkey)...that all takes much longer than the Broker-network...

#18     Aug 4, 2006
  9. Thanks everyone for the help! Maybe I am retarded but it took me all day to figure this one out! So I have to decrease the size of 2 buttongrid container windows and put them beside each other!

Thanks again!

Herringtrader

#19     Aug 4, 2006
  10. :p Exactly. I was just making a new post to stipulate that point.

Ursa..

#20     Aug 4, 2006