Business students are more likely to cheat

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Oct 2, 2006.

Why are business students more likely to cheat

1. They are inherently prone to cheating

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Business schools foster such a behaviour

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Business students are as moral as any other students

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. SLW

SLW

When I was an Army Ranger going through Ranger School over 20 years ago, one of the Ranger instructors taunted the hungry, tired students with this:

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'......and if you get caught cheatin',...... Then you ain't trying hard enough!!"

So, keep on trying. :D

#11     Oct 8, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not exactly true. Depending on the type of school, 30-50-70% of the taught material is worthless for your job, so you might as well just leave it out and just cheat yourself through the unnecessary material...

Also in life, at your job several times you can cut corners by cheating and make life easier....

Now when it goes down to trading, it is a very black and white job. You either make money or you don't.

#12     Oct 8, 2006
  3. no it's not. brokers have restrictions in place on their systems, which are illegal to override, but some traders try and succeed anyway.

not to mention inside information and that stuff.

#13     Oct 8, 2006
  4. Isn't cheating just "finding and edge" in the business world?

Bill Gates is in court every week because he "cheated" by making a better product than anyone else

#14     Oct 8, 2006
  5. When an individual breaks into an unoccupied home and steals a 3 year old computer, thats called stealing.

When a senior executive uses his position to somehow run off with millions of dollars through options backdating or some other scam, then thats called compensation.

#15     Oct 8, 2006
  6. moo

moo

What's the point of cheating in an exam? Seems like high risk, very low return to me.

#16     Oct 8, 2006
  7. well, moo, some of those test are EXTREMELY HARD even with studying.

Add on about probably at least 2-3 exams that same week and you're in for trouble.

Of course if you goto class, study, and do everything you're told you should be fine.

Personally I've cheated. Don't like to, and I don't a lot, but it happens, a lot, with tons of my friends, too. And when you have an Adv. Financial Management test, a Financial Institutions test, and a Managerial Econ. test within 2 days of eachother, shit gets hectic.

I'm not for cheating, just maybe trying to defend cheaters b/c i can be one sometimes? :confused:

dunno.. just bored and ranting.

#17     Oct 8, 2006
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Timesaver. If you know that the subject is worthless for you later on, but you have to pass that test, instead of studying, you might as well cheat...

#18     Oct 8, 2006
  9. ror, yeah try pass latin and greek tests and tell me if it is worth it study those maddening' tongues well enough to be able to make only couple of mistakes in the whole translation. not worth a dime. unfortunately i've never been able to cheat and my average was around 3...of vote that is. :(

#19     Oct 8, 2006