Business models of prop-shops?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mizhael, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hi Maverick74,

I have been reading this book "Maverick Trading: PROVEN STRATEGIES FOR GENERATING GREATER PROFITS FROM THE AWARD-WINNING TEAM AT MAVERICK TRADING".

Were you one of the authors? Are you related to Maverick Trading? It is one of the better books I have read so far on trading. This prop shop sounds like an ethical one, different from the ones I read from googling which generally profit at the expense of the employees.

#111     Oct 8, 2017
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No relation.

#112     Oct 8, 2017
  3. sle

sle

You gonna laugh, but there are a few.

#113     Oct 8, 2017
  4. ...

A 6-year old thread and it's got all of the usual suspects.

Don Bright, Maverick, what more could one ask for?

I haven't read this board in about a decade, and I come to find out that only 5 of 45 prop firms have survived that interval. One of them is Bright. No surprise, Don's one of the few people on this board who ever sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Here's to you, Don. Turns out that you and I are the same age.

Similarly, kudos to Maverick. Another guy with some insight.

Unfortunately, I'm not of any use to either of you, I trade my own 1MM account retail with Interactive. By "trade" I mean I own a big pile of dividend-payers for the long-term and write options on the pile. And generate maybe a hundred bucks a year in commish. Hell, half the time they pay me to write options.

So, all the best to both of you, and may all of your trading be relatively smooth.

#114     Nov 6, 2017