Bush's Policy Change Angers Palestinians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Copernicus, Apr 14, 2004.

1. October

October

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what.
    Once again, we're talking about today. And forgive me for not empathizing with the Palestinians. The Palestians definitely lead their lives in a different way, and definitely have different ways of expressing themselves, like blowing up innocent people. Naaahhh, their views aren't wrong. Call me crazy, but that method of expression is not acceptable to me. I don't know, maybe it's just me, I didn't really get much sleep last night. Maybe I need to rethink my views. You know, I think I'm going to turn over a new leaf today and blow up(this is sarcasm) a bus on the way home from work because the government isn't giving me enough money so I can stay at home, watch movies, and eat cheetos all day.
    The most hated country in the world by who. North Korea, Iran, France, Germany, who gives a sh*t. I certainly don't. The fact of the matter is, when the sh*t hits the fan, who does everyone call on for money, defense, etc.. The good ol' USA.

#51     Apr 15, 2004
  2. splphil

splphil

FredBloggs, argument is one thing. Blatant hateful nonsense quite another.

Congratulations, you're the first to make it to my ignore list.

Which means that you don't have to bother answering this post, cause I won't see it :).

#52     Apr 15, 2004

3. no man you are so wrong
    first of all arabs make up less than 5% of Europes population. that ratio is greater in France, and maybe germany if u think of turks in that light. they dont mean shit, most of them are taxi drivers, shopkeepers and laborers. europeans dont give a f... what they think. Howver unlike the US they dont stick their noses into every hot area in the world. And dont glorify the us coming to the rescue of europeans in the ww2, they came in when russians were kicking german as and the us was afraid they were going to take over the whole europe. they allowed 6 millon jews to get slaughtered before they acted. and dont talk about history, man europe goes way back, way back, dont judge by just what happened in ww2. we heard plenty of times why 9/11 happened not only from terrorists but other prominent leaders. as to spain they didnt appease anybody, the election outcome was close coming in, the attack just tipped the scale. all of the european countries sending troops in to support the us effort have problems with terrorist threats now.

#53     Apr 15, 2004
  4. pspr

pspr

I'm tired of hearing this line. Freedom fighters don't target civilians and innocent women and children. Terrorists do. Americans are losing their patients with the ignorant European appeasers.

#54     Apr 15, 2004
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

October-

Like I say, I dont think the Palestinians are faultless. However, I cant see how you can say that their bombs blow up innocents. Israel are no innocents in this. Israel are the aggressors. Israel attacked Palestine first. They deserve everything they get. If Israel dont like it the situation they are in, they should stop being stubborn.

Sure, I accept we should concentrate on TODAY like you say, however we also seem unable to learn from our mistakes.

I still think Israel is EVIL. What other term should we use for a state that deliberately inflames murder, tension and terror. What other term is used to describe a government that lies and steals at every opportunity. I dont see how that is 'hateful nonsense'.

#55     Apr 15, 2004
  6. Turok

Turok

>Israel are the aggressors. Israel
    >attacked Palestine first.

I am no Israel apologist, but HUH??????????

JB

#56     Apr 15, 2004
  7. October

October

I concede that Sharon is evil, but the ordinary everyday citizen in Isreal doesn't deserve to be blown up on his/her way to work. I don't see how you can disagree with, or argue that.

#57     Apr 15, 2004
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

pspl

Fair point, but in the eyes of the enemy, the other side is not innocent are they

I truly believe, if we are to get our selves out of this hole, weve got to understand the motivations of the other side. Dont want to sound like some flaky Democrat here. Instead we are just being puppets to Israel.

#58     Apr 15, 2004
  9. splphil

splphil

Well, looks like I failed in one thing. I didn't realize that putting someone on the ignore list still shows you that he posted! So of course I coudn't contain my curiosity. Well, there goes the ignore thingy...

Fred. At what age does someone become guilty? Voting age? 15? How on earth can a little baby NOT be considered an innocent in this conflict? How can a Jewish family (father, mother, three children) who don't even LIVE in Israel be considered guilty? They came to Israel for a Holiday and all perished when a suicide bomber blew up the pizzeria they were eating in. So please tell me, that 7 year old girl from Holland who perished in the fire of that bomb wasn't innocent?

#59     Apr 15, 2004
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

October - fair enough. I think we are in agreement then. Maybe I was too quick off the keys so to speak.

#60     Apr 15, 2004