Bush's Policy Change Angers Palestinians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Copernicus, Apr 14, 2004.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

This is the truth....

Israel have invaded Palastine since the 1947 borders were declared and accepted by all parties.

Since then Israel has done nothing but cause friction as it seeks to exploit its 'moral high ground' it has assumed since the holocaust.

Israel has continued to ignore the basic human rights of the Palastinians and the laws laid down by the United Nations.

If Bush and Blair are serious about ending terrorism, they should kick Sharron out. Drive the tanks through Israel - problem solved.

The fundamental cornerstone of the jewish religion is that they are Gods Chosen People. In other words, they think they are better than everyone else - YES they are racist by default.

HOWEVER, if you say a single word against them, or criticise Israel in anyway, they will brand you ANTI SEMETIC! Where is the sense in that.

To prove my point, I bet this post will be pulled and I will be banned as some one complains, or are offended by the simple truth.

#31     Apr 15, 2004
  2. damir00

damir00 Guest

he has no choice. the US can't support a "right of return" for anybody, or the people indigenous to north america will go straight to the court system to demand the same for themselves.

#32     Apr 15, 2004
  3. Here is how the "palestinians" lived with Israeli "occupation" between 1967 - 2000.

In the economic sphere:
    Israel created significant employment for the Palestinians accounting for 35 percent of their workforce.
    Almost 2,000 industrial plants were created under Israeli rule.
    GNP expanded tenfold from $165 in 1968 to $1715 in 1991, more than that of Tunisia’s $1,440, Egypt’s $600, and Turkey’s $1,630.
    By 1999, Palestinian per-capita income was nearly double Syria’s, more than four times Yemen’s and 10 percent higher than Jordan’s. Only the oil-rich Gulf states and Lebanon were more affluent.

In social welfare:
    Mortality rates in the ‘West Bank’ and Gaza fell by more than two-thirds between 1970 and 1990.
    Life expectancy rose from 48 years in 1967 to 72 in 2000, compared with an average of 68 years for all the countries of the Middle East and North Africa.
    Israeli medical programs reduced the infant mortality of 60 per 1000 live births in 1967 to 15 per 1000 in 2000. In Iraq the rate is 64, in Egypt 40, in Jordan 23, in Syria 22.
    Under the systematic program of inoculation, childhood diseases like polio, whooping cough, tetanus, and measles were eradicated.

In the standard of living:
    In 1986, 92.9 percent had electricity compared to 20.5 percent in 1967.
    In 1986, 85 percent had running water in their dwellings compared to 16 percent in 1967.
    In 1986, 83.5 percent had electric or gas ranges for cooking compared to 4 percent in 1967.

In education:
    Number of school children grew by 102 percent, and the number of classes by 99 percent even though population grew by only 28 percent.
    In 1967 when Israel acquired the ‘disputed territories’ there was not a single university. Under Israeli rule seven were built boasting some 16,500 students.
    Illiteracy rates dropped to 14 percent of adults over age 15, compared with 69 percent in Morocco, 61 percent in Egypt, 45 percent in Tunisia, and 44 percent in Syria.

All this happened under the dreaded, cursed "occupation."

#33     Apr 15, 2004
  4. damir00

damir00 Guest

that is a gross misrepresentation of the judaic "chosen" and simply untrue. a fundamental tenet of judaism is that there are as many paths to righteousnous as there are nations on earth - no path is inherently superior, the "chosen" merely refers to being chosen for Torah-based path.

at its base the Jewish legends teach that we were chosen for this not because we were better, but because we were *less* than others and needed *more* help.

#34     Apr 15, 2004
  5. I think you need to compare mortality rates and life expectancies in other countries regions at the start of your range as well, unless you classify effects of "not being at war" as "social welfare".

#35     Apr 15, 2004
  6. Sahron for President!!! :D :D

..At this point, a furious Sharon reportedly turned toward Peres, saying "every time we do something you tell me Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it."

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/10/Sharon3.html

:D:D

#36     Apr 15, 2004
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

i don't think it's fair to say "they" in this context, the average palestinian didn't have a say in the rejection and the mood amongst the people at the time was decidedly hopeful. arafat is elected only by applying the loosest possible definition of the word "election": that regime is corrupt top to bottom and arafat is as responsible for the rise of Hamas as are the israeli settlements in Gaza.

both he and sharon have to go...

#37     Apr 15, 2004
  8. The Palis are mad because they won't be blowing up busses with schoolchildren in them any more. Their terror leaders won't be skimming western aid money. They won't be sending their kids to private schools in England and no more numbered accounts will millions of $$$ in them that they fund from extortion. They won't be running around the UN pretending to be statesmen.

They aren't going want jobs as cashiers and taxi drivers. Being unable to perform socially useful work, they'll begin to prey on each other for a while until there is nothing left to steal.

#38     Apr 15, 2004
  9. this must be the reason why everytime the UN tries to condemn Israel and pass a resolution, the USA goes against the entire world and blocks it.

#39     Apr 15, 2004

10. Israel is getting the big bucks and aid. The USA gets absolutely nothing in return except for terrorism. Why get involved over there? Israel seems to be doing fine, vibrant economy 22nd ct army. Let them take care of their own problems, they are more than capable of doing so. Meanwhile we bent over for them on every occassion and put ourselves on the spot for terrorists.
    Billions were spend on security since 9/11, shit every time i fly i have to pay 50 extra for new security measures. bottom line let israel fight its own war and suffer the consequences no reason for US to get involved over there. Its not like Israel has oil and we need it. Its a one way relationship that the US gets nothing out of.

#40     Apr 15, 2004