Bush's Policy Change Angers Palestinians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Copernicus, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Welcome back. The point is that the UN, which in investigating Jenin (a case where nothing was going on, compared to the numerous terrible tragedies that have happened around the world that the UN has not bothered to investigate or doing anything about) was probably hoping to find something, couldn't dig come up with anything. If you follow, you'll understand that of all things, when an organization that is biased against someone or something ends up having to vindicate them, this is noteworthy.

#251     Apr 16, 2004
  2. perhaps we could start with naming the few thousand people killed on sept 11th by muslims.. would any muslim dare say before his "allah" that these deaths were wrong and should be condemned?

one of the disturbing things about Islam is the number of muslims who were sympathetic to this mass murder.. perhaps they would not have the guts to carry out such an act but they agree with the principle..

Israel has been too lenient for too long.. Arafat needs to be killed.. Also, Israel should take over palestinian schools.. I wouldnt tolerate this in my backyard, neither should the Israelis..

-qwik

#252     Apr 16, 2004
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

Boat -

Earlier you implied that the pro Israeli stance was the majority here, after I made the observation that the majority can see things for what they really are.

Are you still standing by this in your usual stubborn way?

Take a break pal. EVERYONE here is pulling your excuses for Israel's cold blooded murder to pieces.

You're all alone kid.

I bet you're a crap trader, because you just don't know how to cut your losses and move on:p

#253     Apr 16, 2004
  4. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

you are one arrogant mofo.

#254     Apr 16, 2004
  5. Actually Freddie, if you have any brains you would notice that there are only a few of us left in this discussion. The few of us hardly represent the entirety of this thread. And I didn't imply a "majority," but rather that it has been, until this afternoon, pretty even. You were stating, at a time when there were several people involved, 1/2 or more pro-Israel, that everyone was against Israel in this thread. All that has happened is that the sensible people have seen how stupid so many of the posts by people like yourself are and they've moved on. If I were more mature, I would have too (especially when you resort to these childish and meaningless challenges of "I have more friends than you do")! No reason to try to reason with unreasonable, stupid bigots like yourself that throw out tons of unsubstantiated opinions and claims, along with occasional bigotted comments. As for my trading, I'm plenty happy with it, but I'm not about to get into a trading pissing contest.

#255     Apr 16, 2004
  6. [​IMG]

#256     Apr 17, 2004

7. I haven't yet bothered reading this entire thread (I will), but I just wanted to say to you, Phil, that don't worry, Israel has many, many friends and supporters in the west (yes, even in Europe!) who admire your brave nation and the way it has conducted itself against those who desire its annhilation. Few things work me up as much as Israel-hating liberals. In my book, I can scarcely think of a worse human being.

I find the logic of the Arab-Israeli conflict is amazingly, amazingly simple to understand and I am at a loss to explain the absurdity of the anti-israelites. I wish I could write it off as some sophomoric sutdent-radicalism, that will pass as they become aware that it's not a perfect world we live in, but one that we have no choice but to live in and accept and make our best decisions from there. But it's not. There is an alarming number of, some very highly educated, fucking idiots out there. Scary.

It's just incredible the free pass the liberal media gives these Palestinian scums. Simply amazing. During the 90s, at the height of the war in the Bosnia, there were probably few worse insults than being compared to a Bosnian Serb. (Completely unfairly, as the media portrayal of these people is embarrasingly far from the mark.) Brutes, killers, the worst murderers since the nazis were common accusations of the time. So much of this was to do with their "apparent" (alleged) remorselessness with which they pursued their (or what was claimed was their) cause. Yet there is not a people in the world today that display less remorse over their actions than the palestinians (slash muslim fanatics in general). None that even comes close. Where is the codemnation?

Explained at a most basic level, the "palestinians" are not the first people to be "dispossessed" (if we want to call it that). They desperately need to get over it. An example from close to home for me: Slavs predominated in Northern Greece for about 1400 years, yet following the Balkan wars, in which these lands fell into greek hands, the greek nationalist government transferred tens of thousands of these slavs out of the country and forced the remainder to change their names to greek names and denied them the use of their own language. (Something that continues to this day, by the way). Further evictions ocurred following the greek civil war that took place just after ww2. After repeated refusals, only last year did the greek government relent and allow some of these expelled slavs to enter the country and visit their places of birth. The point: there is no reason to assume that these slavs felt any less desire to live in the land of their birth than the "palestinians"; there plight, really, isn't any worse. Yet -- wait for it -- they have gotten over it. They gone on to build their lives (often travelling far from the homeland to Canada and Australia). Today, while something of a political question remains, these people feel essentially no animosity whatsoever felt against greeks. Certainly none that would lead to them killing innocent greeks and celebrating their deaths on the streets. It would be absolutely unthinkable.

And what about the hundreds of thousands of Jews forced out of Arab countries that they had, no doubt, lived in for centuries? What of their plight? Why is the "palestinian issue" elevated so highly above all other similar cases? It's bullshit, pure and simple bullshit.

#257     Apr 17, 2004
  8. #258     Apr 20, 2004