Bush's No Dividend Tax on small companies?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by cashonly, Jan 6, 2003.

1. My understanding is that the dividends of all C-Corp's will be tax exempt but I can't find any written proposal with details. (I'm just picking up bits and pieces here and there).

It also seems that Trusts (REITS, Royalty trusts, Exchange traded structured trusts) as well as Exchange traded debt securities will still have to pay tax on dividends.

#11     Jan 7, 2003
  2. "Another fine tax-cut for the yacht-club members, but more bullshit for the rest of the 90% of America."

Another senseless attack on the "rich". Maybe you haven't realized it but many "non-rich" people also will benefit equally from this tax cut. Many employees have their savings in either mutual funds or 401K or etc. These investment funds will benefit just as much as the rich individual who owns stock outright, and as a result these individuals will benefit. With many people in this country (poor and rich) being somehow invested in the stock of companies (public or private), everyone stands to benefit, in proportion to whatever they have invested.

#12     Jan 7, 2003
  3. Today's Time magazine says it would benefit seniors the most.

#13     Jan 7, 2003
  4. tampa

tampa

...ahh dude, 401k's and IRA's do not pay tax on dividends. It has no effect on them at all.

#14     Jan 7, 2003
  5. qdz

qdz

oil and weapon companies only.

:p

#15     Jan 7, 2003
  6. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Well, I looked around and couldn't find any specifics on type of stock that would be exempt from tax dividends. Is it all stock? REITs? Private "C" Corps?

#16     Jan 8, 2003
  7. Minime

Minime

Dividends are paid out of Owners/Shareholders Equity, not from income/expense. How would this result in a loss? :)

#17     Jan 8, 2003
  8. Minime

Minime

Anything that reduces taxes helps Everybody. The little people, as you imply yourself as being, benefit from more job opportunities and potentially higher pay due to their employers doing better. The little people are always whining about fairness, yet their whole way of life is due to the hard work and productivity of the "rich." Be a little more grateful and better things will happen to you in life.

And by the way, your cronies define "rich" as someone making $35,000 per year with a non-government job and not using food stamps.

#18     Jan 8, 2003
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Maybe immediately, but remember that little thing called National Debt? That's no help. Tax reductions in the past and overspending led to that. I guess if you're going to have a budget deficit, now's the time to do it while rates are low! Maybe we can lock in a good long term rate... have Bush call DiTech<g>.

#19     Jan 8, 2003
  10. this sounds like the theory behind trickle-down economics.

#20     Jan 8, 2003