Bushism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mgookin, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

In the last 8 years (Bushs term) Exxon has become the richest corporation EVER.

Let me repeat that The richest corporation EVER !

A great detective once said: If you want to find the criminal FOLLOW THE MONEY

#11     Jul 21, 2008
  2. Covert

Covert

Wow- you must be new- if you've come here for facts, you're in for some disappointment.
    Do what I do- read this purely for the enjoyment of it. Don't take any of these rants seriously, and don't waste your time trying to make sense out of it. The good news is that most of these posters won't ever leave their mother's basement, so you have no real danger of running into them in real life.
    Just some friendly advice

#12     Jul 21, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

Even the loneliest fool in his mothers basement could put 2 + 2 together with Bush.

Oh wait !

You probably voted for him and are wondering hmmmmmmm how did this happen.

#13     Jul 21, 2008
  4. ScapGF

ScapGF

So I am wrong? Is that what you are saying? Please clarify how it is a bad thing for pensions to hold big oil.

Thanks.

#14     Jul 21, 2008
  5. Bushes has definitely excaberated the situation mainly through a lack of action. The problems we are facing today were inevitable but the speed at which they are happing are in no small part attributable to Bush. The national debt for the last 8 years shows a government running with no regard for the future. Tax cuts and increased spending overseas is equivalent of giving hard earned tax money to foreign countries.
    On the other hand the current economic system is based on a foundation which is broken. 1 man even the president could not by himself save or destroy it at worst he can increase the speed of the inevitable at best he can postpone it. Bush falls into the former category mainly through increased debt and inaction to stop obviously damaging policies.

#15     Jul 21, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

Are you serious ?

So what your saying is it's ok for pension funds to be in on a few billion of profit at the expense of hundreds of billions of cost / deficit to the country :confused:

If I buy a business that makes $100 per year but costs $1000 to run, was that a good idea?

#16     Jul 21, 2008
  7. olias

olias

Wow, you make a powerful argument. <sarcasm>

That's just about what I expected.

I think Covert's assessment was right on.

#17     Jul 21, 2008
  8. Cesko

Cesko

You can always pay more than government asks you for. I guess you are one of few who doesn't bother to spend energy and money to minimize your "fair share" tax bite.
    In reality, it would be interesting to go over your tax returns in last,let's say, 5 years. I would bet my ass off you fucked over government for who knows how much money(as much as you can get away with)

PHONY,PRETENTIOUS LEFTY

#18     Jul 21, 2008
  9. Cesko

Cesko

THE WAY POLITICAL CLASS RUNS THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE CRIMINAL.

#19     Jul 21, 2008
  10. Bush took office during the best economy this country has ever seen. The Nasdaq bubble burst had and has nothing at all to do with the continually degrading quality of life for Americans since he has been in office.

He has continually failed at finance.

He should be on trial for war crimes regarding his personal vendetta against the Hussein family. He continues to kill our children with his illegitimate war.

While quality of life continually degrades for American families, his oil friends and family reep in record profits.

His tax cuts never were for the benefit of Americans; they're for the benefits of the companies which receive the monies as they are spent by consumers.

What were once decent paying jobs in this country continually go offshore thanks to Bush1, Bush2 promoting the USAID program for the benefit of big business.

With regard to the brazen statements in this forum about pensions benefitting from the price of oil, that's quite rediculous. That's like saying the full house burning movie theatre is saving on their heating bill.

Bush is a complete failure. He has done nothing of benefit for this country.

#20     Jul 21, 2008