Bush...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dgmodel, Jan 1, 2004.

1. One of the worst Presidents this country has ever had.

m

#31     Jan 3, 2004
  2. Clinton looks like a giant next to Bush...any way you look at it.

Bush is an imbecile.

m

#32     Jan 3, 2004
  3. Without going down that conspiracy path... this is pretty simple:

The Boomer generation did everything BIG. Remember them in the 60s, then their yuppie period in the 80s. Maybe they're realizing their own frivolousness and now they want to place their mark on global history... to do what they think is "right".

They also happen to wield the most powerful military ever... totally unchecked. That has to give them some big ideas. How much is engineered is pure speculation, but they will certainly leverage what is there to achieve their goals. eg. 9-11.

#33     Jan 3, 2004
  4. cdbern

cdbern

Jay

I used to be a Democrat. Party leader on every level. The dems aren't what they were 30 years ago. I fought the extremists then and I'll fight them now.

Gun control? Germany had gun control before Hitler stepped in. Lets shred the Constitution a little further shall we?

Lincoln was a Republican but the Republicans in his day are the Democrats of 30 years ago. Nothing remains the same. Republicans moving to the left (which I oppose) are doing so to garner votes. The purpose is to appeal to the vast majority. People shy away from extremism. How better to render the other side incapable of power.

#34     Jan 3, 2004
  5. cdbern

cdbern

Firewalker
    I am one of "them" and I can assure you, you're way off the mark here.

#35     Jan 3, 2004
  6. cdbern

cdbern

I couldn't agree more.

#36     Jan 3, 2004
  7. Bush is inevitable.

#37     Jan 3, 2004
  8. http://www.jacq.org/War/war-kwiatkowski_031222.htm
    December 22, 2003

Karen Kwiatkowski is a recently retired USAF lieutenant colonel, who spent her final four and a half years in uniform working at the Pentagon.

"You can find and experience real market forces driving local and global economies, unleashing real creativity, generating real solutions to real problems all over the world. You really can, as Brad Edmonds illustrates so wonderfully in the case of another typical government monstrosity. But don’t expect them under this year’s Christmas tree. In 2003 and 2004, you won’t find real market forces discussed on Lou Dobbs Tonight, you won’t scare up freedom at the American Enterprise Institute, and you can’t have either in George W. Bush’s America."

"how do we know how much energy is needed anywhere? Well, we know because of the careful analysis and deep research done by highly qualified and highly placed people in government circles. Consider the detailed work that was done to justify the Central Asia Gas Pipeline, and to gain World Bank funding. Now here was a project to behold. Set aside the fact that we couldn’t get the pipeline project moved forward and funded with the Taliban in charge. Set aside the current maneuverings of the United States puppet in Kabul, former UNOCAL consultant Hamid Karzai, to do what the Taliban couldn’t. Hold the cynicism for a second, and try to understand how American politicians and their closest friends know just what energy is needed, why, when and how, anywhere in the world.

While holding that cynicism, also try to forget real world market factors. Lack of security remains a primary barrier to global funding for the trans-Afghanistan pipeline, but it is not the only one. Oil and gas prices, and the existence of other functional outlets for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan gas are also factors. The current deal in the works includes Pakistan, with an option to go to India. Because Washington experts and insiders from the AEI to the White House so enjoy pronouncing who needs what energy, why, when and how, it is enlightening to look at the original pipeline project, which from the beginning included India.

The original project called for an extension of the pipeline across Pakistan into India, to the city of Dabhol. Dabhol is significant, because it is the site of the idle Dabhol Power Project, brought to you by the equally idle and definitely uglier Enron Corporation.

A major "selling point" of the original project was to provide cheap gas to run Enron’s $3 billion power plant. If you want the timeline, it is really good reading.

I use this example to show you how U.S. government key players, whether Clinton Era or Dubya era, play the game of market oracle. For India, gas-driven Enron turbines would produce almost 3000 MW of power to local Indian economy. Power that, had it been produced, would have profited very little, given the sorry state of national electrification and central energy management in India. A scientific (as opposed to political/fund-raising) branch of the U.S. government reports,

…all of [India State Electricity Boards] are bankrupt … Almost all of this is due to power theft (often referred to as "non-technical losses") and a pricing structure that heavily subsidizes agriculture. Of all the electricity generated in India, only about 55% is even billed and slightly more than 40% is regularly paid for.

Uncle Sam "Slick" and Auntie Beltway "Backshish" actually understand nothing about who needs what energy, and couldn’t care less. But they do understand precisely what they and their cronies need to do to profit from publicly funded monstrosities, domestically and globally. And if they can’t profit from it the easy way, then threats and military deployments are in order."

#38     Jan 3, 2004
  9. Exactly. They could have gotten a cardboard cut-out of Ronald Reagan and run it for President and it would have been more honest and .... well, intelligent.

Karl Rove has more real influence and power than GW, and do many Americans realize this? No.

m

#39     Jan 3, 2004
  10. Haha...if Clinton is an embecile, then GW is a vegetable.

m

#40     Jan 3, 2004