Bush...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dgmodel, Jan 1, 2004.

1. This was a good read... Thanks for posting this!

#11     Jan 2, 2004
  2. That so many people quickly accept media propaganda, media myths as fact amazes me. Why is 'independent thinking' so rare? What makes me Dean - an "ultra-lefty"? Is it because that is what t Fox News, WSJ and the conservative press tells you?Have you thought through these issues INDEPENDENTLY??
    How are ultra-lefty Dean's opinions different from those of at least 50% of Americans and maybe even 60% of world citizens? Note also that Wes Clark has been equally opposed to the war, but no one refers to him as ultra-lefty.

The Democrats are sadly, a spineless confused lot and the Republicans shamelessly exploit national security issues for political purposes. I expect the Republicans to be shamed and forcibly find humility come November 2004!

#12     Jan 2, 2004
  3. TGregg

TGregg

You got that right. The fat lady has not started to sing on this by any means. Not that I think Bush will lose, but it's way too early to call, IMO.

#13     Jan 2, 2004
  4. GW Bush will win!

I. Economy is doing great!
    Well not really but Joe Sixpack thinks DJ is the economy indicator. The Federal reserve is pumping $$$ in to the system "like there is no tomorrow" ..hmmm maybe there isn't?

II. Campaign money is no object.
    Money buys any election you want. Thanks to 2 wars, high oil prices, and treasury money into the large corp's coffers. The ones who got the windfall have more than enough to support GWB's campaign trail no matter how expensive it may be.

III. Media is locked pro GW 99.99%.... see above.
    Money buys any propaganda AND intimidation you want. Public doesn't know or care as long as it "feels" warm and safe.

IV. Switch 100% to electronic elections.
    Going with electronic voting AND NO VERIFIABLE paper trail will guarantee win. Do look into "certain politicians" who are behind the voting machine manufactures and the problems discovered so far. Add to that the increasing blanket of secrecy on how votes will be counted. Money is no object, "hackers" can easily be "bought". hehehehehe ( good scapegoats too if the scum gets to that point and becomes unraveled)

V. If polls drop to any levels of concern, Osama Bin Landing will be "de-iced" and produced for the public to see, a job well done. (preferably closer to elections)

VI. I leave the best for last and that is a guarantee to maintain control. If they really want the office it's really extremely easy.

-------- carefully read, and combine these two articles-------

article 1
    U.S. Dissident Says Bush Needs Fear for Reelection
    Thu October 30, 2003 01:30 AM ET
    By Anthony Boadle

HAVANA (Reuters) - U.S. linguist and political dissident Noam Chomsky said on Wednesday that President Bush will have to "manufacture" another threat to American security to win reelection in 2004 after U.S failure in occupying Iraq.

Chomsky, attending a Latin American social sciences conference in Cuba, said that since the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States, the Bush administration had redefined U.S. national security policy to include the use of force abroad, with or without U.N. approval.

"It is a frightened country and it is easy to conjure up an imminent threat," Chomsky said at the launching of a Cuban edition of a book of interviews published by the Mexican newspaper La Jornada, when asked how Bush could get reelected.

"They have a card that they can play ... terrify the population with some invented threat, and that is not very hard to do," he said.

After the "disaster" of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Bush could turn his sights on Communist-run Cuba, which his administration officials have charged with developing a biological weapons research program, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor of linguistics said.

Chomsky said the military occupation of Iraq, to topple a "horrible monster running it but not a threat to anyone," was a failure.

"The country had been devastated by sanctions. The invasion ended sanctions. The tyrant is gone and there is no outside support for domestic dissidence," he said. "It takes real talent to fail in this endeavor."

Chomsky said it was reasonable to assume the Bush administration would try to "manufacture a short-term improvement in the economy" by incurring in enormous federal government debt and "imposing burdens on future generations."

The Bush administration was a continuation of the Ronald Reagan presidency that declared a national emergency over the threat posed by Nicaragua's leftist government in the 1980s, he said.

"The same people were able to present Grenada as a threat to survival of the United States the last time they were in office," Chomsky said, in reference to the U.S. invasion of the Caribbean island in 1983 to thwart Cuban influence.

Chomsky, a leftist icon who is better known today for his critique of U.S. foreign policy that for his revolutionary theory of syntax and grammar in the 1960s, gave a lecture on the U.S politics of domination on Tuesday night that was attended by Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

The author of "Language and mind," "Manufacturing Consent," "Profit Over People" and "9-11" said the Bush administration was out to dominate the world by the use of military force if need be, and Iraq was the first test.

Chomsky criticized Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar for backing the United States and Britain in invading Iraq under a false pretext that the Arab country possessed weapons of mass destruction.

Chomsky praised Cuba's defiance of U.S. hostility and trade sanctions for four decades. But he also criticized the jailing of 75 Cuban dissidents earlier this year by Castro's government.

"Yes, I have criticized them for that," he said in an interview on August 28 with Radio Havana. "I think it was a mistake."

© Reuters 2003. All Rights Reserved.

article 2
    by John O. Edwards
    NewsMax
    November 21st, 2003

General Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

Franks, who successfully led the U.S. military operation to liberate Iraq, expressed his worries in an extensive interview he gave to the men’s lifestyle magazine Cigar Aficionado.

In the magazine’s December edition, the former commander of the military’s Central Command warned that if terrorists succeeded in using a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) against the U.S. or one of our allies, it would likely have catastrophic consequences for our cherished republican form of government.

Already, critics of the U.S. Patriot Act, rushed through Congress in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, have argued that the law aims to curtail civil liberties and sets a dangerous precedent.

But Franks’ scenario goes much further. He is the first high-ranking official to openly speculate that the Constitution could be scrapped in favor of a military form of government."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26398

#14     Jan 3, 2004
  5. <<But Franks’ scenario goes much further. He is the first high-ranking official to openly speculate that the Constitution could be scrapped in favor of a military form of government.">>

That is very scary in that it seems to be what is slowly happening.
    Since when is the Pentagon the policy maker for the US.
    The Pentagon now dictates foreign policy and the US military is been used inside the US frontiers and could be even used against its citizens. (see patriot act)
    In clinical terms one could say that that the administration is showing what could be labelled as paranoid schizophrene....

#15     Jan 3, 2004
  6. Jeffo

Jeffo

Your wacky assessment of the administration sounds more like paranoid schizo to me.

#16     Jan 3, 2004
  7. Take a step back and take alook again.
    Everyone is out to get me , I have to close all borders to keep enemy out , the whole world is against me.....come on!!!
    typical case of paranoia

#17     Jan 3, 2004
  8. #18     Jan 3, 2004
    #19     Jan 3, 2004
  10. cdbern

cdbern

Remember the story of boiling a frog? Just slowly turn up the heat. We've been headed in this direction for the last 30+ years but few will admit it and fewer still willing to risk all to stop it.

At this point in time, it doesn't make any difference who is running the country. The quake in California was really Jefferson rolling over in his grave.

So now what folks?? :confused:

#20     Jan 3, 2004