Bush was warned about sept 11.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Take the billions of dollars being spent in the war of choice and spend on... gee, I don't know...

Securing our:
    borders from illegal entry; nuclear plants; chemical plants; water/food supply; ports; incoming (fedex like) cargo; transportation; national id certification; etc; etc; etc; ....

The list of what to do, that hasn't been done, besides what's being done wastefully, is quite large, imo.

-kt

#21     Oct 3, 2006
  2. Artie21

Artie21

What does moonbatty mean? Wasn't that a Cat Stevens song?

#22     Oct 3, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

And what religion does Cat Stevens now worship?:p

Ooh baby it's a wild world.

#23     Oct 3, 2006
  4. Artie21

Artie21

For some, it makes sense, doesn't it?

Oh, I'm bein' followed by a moonbatty, moonbatty, moonbatty
    Leapin and hoppin' on a moonbatty, moonbatty, moonbatty

And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land,
    Oh if I ever lose my hands, Oh if.... I won't have to work no more.
    And if I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry,
    Yes if I ever lose my eyes, Oh if.... I won't have to cry no more.

And if I ever lose my legs, I won't moan, and I won't beg,
    Yes if I ever lose my legs, Oh if.... I won't have to walk no more.
    And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,
    Yes if I ever lose my mouth, Oh if.... I won't have to talk...

Did it take long to find me? I asked the faithful light.
    Did it take long to find me? And are you gonna stay the night?

#24     Oct 3, 2006
  5. wrt clarkes interview, this is just my opinion, but i think focusing on the semantic difference between a plan, strategy etc or the lack thereof from the clinton admin is not a great reason for any presidential administration to justify a lack of effective action. whether there was such a thing as effective action is a diff argument

that's interesting about the fivefold increase in covert ops spending due for october and new intention to eliminate al qaeda, i wasn't aware of that

#25     Oct 3, 2006
  6. http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa092502a.htm
    Pre 9-11 FBI memo warned of al Qaeda in US flight schools
    What is the Phoenix Memo?
    On July 10, 2001, an FBI agent in Phoenix sent a memorandum to FBI headquarters in New York listing evidence that Osama bin Laden was helping his operatives in the U.S. attend flight training schools. That memo, now known as the "Phoenix Memo" was ignored, according to congressional investigators.

Flight school leads dated to 1998
    Ms. Hill further testified that as early as 1998, an FBI pilot in Oklahoma City submitted a memo stating his concern about the number of Middle Eastern men enrolled in flight training schools who "could be planning a terrorist attack."
    "No one will ever know whether a greater focus on the connection between these events would have led to the unraveling of the September 11 plot," testified Hill. "But, clearly, it might have drawn greater attention to the possibility of a terrorist attack in the United States, generated a heightened state of alert regarding such attacks, and prompted more aggressive investigation and intelligence gathering regarding the information our government did possess prior to September 11."

#26     Oct 3, 2006
  7. Artie21

Artie21

George W. Bush was seen near the grassy knoll approximately 12:20 pm on that fateful day in Dallas.

#27     Oct 3, 2006
  8. Description of Straw Man
    The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.

#28     Oct 3, 2006
  9. In all honestly don't remember the republicans behaving the same way after WTC 1, the USS Cole and the embassy bombings.

I dont' remember the head of the RNC saying it was an inside job or some of the other nutty conspiracies that come out of the left.

I think Clinton would have caught a lot of heat but some of the garbage that comes out of the left really makes them look stupid.

I personally am so absolutely disgusted with our politicians collectively I find it hard to even watch a minute of the news.

#29     Oct 3, 2006
  10. Because they were not... without a shadow of doubt. :D

#30     Oct 4, 2006