Bush wants another $100B for the next year for the war in Iraq!???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Feb 1, 2007.

1. I was told long ago when this war started... 2 things by my president...

1) "The Iraqi people will fund their freedom through the use of their own country's oil"

2)"We are not in the business of nation building"

um.................... whaaaa happen?

#11     Feb 2, 2007
  2. He was too busy enforcing the immigration laws and guarding the border.

#12     Feb 2, 2007
  3. Indeed, WTF happened? What happened was incompetence on a jaw dropping level. That's what happens when ones view is so myopic it ignores common sense.

#13     Feb 2, 2007
  4. If you're suggesting Bush is not our best president ever, we agree. Unfortunately, unless your crowd can impeach him, we are stuck with him for the duration. We have to make decisions based on what is in our interests, not based on sticking it to Bush.

I'm not happy about where we are in Iraq, but I think the consequences of pulling out will be worse. If we can get the strategy right, it is possible we could make big progress in a relatively short period of time. The other possibility is that, if nothing changes, things will gradually improve as the militias impose ethnic cleansing and the country is divided into three distinct regions. Either way, we can't leave a vacuum for Iran to move into.

#14     Feb 2, 2007
  5. It is up to my crowd to impeach him? If you would do some simple math, you know the kind the repubs refused to do when they tried to impeach Clinton, you would know that the only way to impeach Bush would be for many republican senators to vote to impeach (the same way the dem senators had to vote to impeach Clinton, which everyone know they wouldn't do, which is why the impeachment process without the requisite votes known before hand, is useless...but that didn't stop the republicans from wasting the country's time, money, etc.)

The dems can do the math, they know they can't win, so why waste time and money...oh yeah, they are not vindictive like republiklans.

Why doesn't your crowd offer help to impeach him?

Oh yeah, they take their marching orders from Bush, neocons, and wing pundits...

Oh sure, Iran is just like the communists, of course they are, they are going to take over Iraq, then all the other countries in the area, and then the entire world...no one will stand up to them, there will be no insurgency by the Iraqi people, blah, blah, blah...

Same old crap, different demonization target...

"I'm not happy about where we are in Iraq, but I think the consequences of pulling out will be worse."

Again, you think and it was the same type of thinking that we say from right wingers when we finally extricated ourselves from the civil war that was Vietnam.

Here is a clue, we already have a vacuum in Iraq, and we aren't filling it with anything but dead bodies...

#15     Feb 2, 2007