Bush wants $50 billion more for Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kashirin, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Bush would be the worst trader ever...

#11     Aug 29, 2007
  2. mtwokay

mtwokay

Three billion per day seems like a small price for humanity to pay to provide 25+ million people the opportunity to enjoy the same freedom and liberty you and I enjoy, right?

What’s your freedom and liberty worth to you? How much would I have to pay to own you and take away all of your freedoms and liberties? (Remember once I own you I also own your money). So now what’s your freedom worth? Assign it a dollar value.

Multiple that number by 24 million (25 minus the 1 million that don’t value life) and you should have a fairly good idea of what life is worth to 24 million Iraqis.

Now is 3 billion per day too much to pay for providing 24+ million the same liberty and freedom you have?

Oh I forgot we have a different system of valuation for Iraqis because they’re not American or live in a country that assigns much value to liberty and freedom, right? Ok, half the amount freedom and liberty are worth to YOU and repeat the above process.

Please let me know when freedom and liberty are affordable. I’d like to buy some permanent help for the ranch.

#12     Aug 29, 2007
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

u have to divide the total value of the iraq oil reserve by how long its going to last to decide whether its worth 3 billion a day

#13     Aug 30, 2007
  4. It was stated quite specifically, by the respective protaganist, this war was to be paid out of iraqi oil profits.
    Precisely who is getting paid is another matter, and that's not the issue, the answer's arent under the briar bush on this occasion.

#14     Aug 30, 2007
  5. This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on ET. We went to war for WMDs, remember, the WMDs that weren't there? Now were there for freedom and liberty for eye-rakis? What about freedom and liberty for the rest of the world? Are we going to provide that too? And when did the eye-rakis tell you that they even wanted Western style "freedom" Do you know that's what they want their society to be? Or do you know best because you're the educated 'merkan? This country is free because our forefathers stood the hell up and fought for it. They earned it, it wasn't purchased for them. So if they want it, they'll go take it themselves. If providing freedom and liberty to the eye-rakis is so important to you, sign the hell up for the infantry, otherwise, quit spending my damn money on it.

#15     Aug 30, 2007
  6. mtwokay

mtwokay

Yea most people take liberty and freedom for granted and assign little value to inalienable rights until they’re owned by someone else.

The reasons are totally irrelevant at this point in time. America broke the country and America now has the responsibility to fix it. And your fix is………?

When America has the opportunity, absolutely. America and a few other free nations are the only balance to the dictators, commies, and thugs of the world.

This is my favorite. It speaks for itself. No comment required.

So in other words the Iraqis (or using your insult “eye-rakis”) can only obtain liberty and freedom the American way? Check your facts next time about Iraqis standing up and fighting for their freedom.

So how much is your freedom and liberty worth? I may be able to afford it.

#16     Aug 30, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D

#17     Aug 30, 2007
  8. OK, now you're talking. How much indeed are you willing to pay to fund our globe-trotting? Do you support a "Freedom Isn't Free" Tax of 5% on all wages? If not, why not? The money to support this needs to come from somewhere. Its nice to complain on a message board, but what sacrifices has the war forced YOU to make? How have YOU contributed to the effort? No one but the soldiers and their families are sacrificing anything. So why not have us all chip in to pay for our nation building?

#18     Aug 30, 2007
  9. Not my words, but seem to express how I feel about us all fighting with each other doesn't help America.

"First, the present administration, under the direction of "The Decider" and his acolyte "I had other priorities" Dick Cheney (and don't forget good old Alberto Gonzales), is without doubt the most arrogant, corrupt, devious and inept group of "leaders" this country has been saddled with in my 71-year memory and, yes, I do remember Jimmy Carter. He was inept and clueless, it seemed at the time, but not crooked to the degree of Bush and his cronies.

The second point I would like to make is that the new Democratic Congress is certainly not distinguishing itself with its seemingly single-minded efforts to punish the current administration for perceived bad deeds in the past, rather than trying to steer the country through the extremely difficult conditions that now face us. They need to wake up and do what they promised to do when we sent them to do the work of the people.

It makes little difference whether you are a right-wing nut job or a liberal wing nut (and there are plenty of both out there), we all must all keep the pressure on our "leaders" to do what is best for the country, not what is best for a particular political position."

c

#19     Aug 30, 2007
  10. mtwokay

mtwokay

Let me answer some of your questions with a question. What’s the cost of life, our economy, our security, stability in the region and around the globe should we leave before Iraq is stabilized. What is the $$ value of life lost (Americans, Iraqis, and coalition forces), and cost of going back in under far worse circumstances? Either way, we pay for it. It’s a bargain right now. You should hope, no pray, that we succeed now.

Me complain? Where? I’m just pointing out 3 billion per day is cheap to stabilize the region and provide 25+ million people the opportunity to enjoy the same liberties and freedom you enjoy. Since no one has yet to place a value on freedom and liberty I’ll assume it’s infinite for those that already have it, which makes 3B/day seem pretty cheap.

Now about sacrifice.

1. When did it become a requirement that all Americans should feel the sting of war? Where in our constitution does it say when America goes to war, everyone must sacrifice?

2. Is this a moral issue for you or are you just trying to impose your morality on others? So whenever our troops are in a war to secure America, stabilize a region of the world, or provide freedom and liberty to 25+ million everyone must sacrifice otherwise they’re some kind of hypocrite?

Everyone in America is sacrificing because of this war to one degree or another. Our soldiers who volunteer to serve pay the ultimate sacrifice but many honor their sacrifice by providing aid and comfort to the enemy. What you and many don’t realize is the decision to go to war was made years ago. All discourse against the war now plays into the hands of the enemy.

Which side are you on?

#20     Aug 30, 2007