Bush speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Apr 13, 2004.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Understood, Mav. And, no doubt, this does occur from both sides. Look, I like the Fox News Channel. But, "fair and balanced"? Give me a break. Extremism from both sides is a bad thing. Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken are two good examples. System's certainly not perfect, but then what country has stronger press credentials than the U.S.A.?

#41     Apr 13, 2004
  2. I appreciate the importance of a free press. I also appreciate the importance of jury trials. Neither seems to function very well in the presence of TV cameras.

#42     Apr 13, 2004
  3. bronks

bronks

You have to pick your battles with a worldwide press corps that would analyze anything from the color of the presidents' fart, to how he enunciates shit (Texas Twang please). ANY sign of furtive action might be misconstrued.

#43     Apr 13, 2004
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Damn, ART. Stop it man; you're killing me!!! I often disagree with many of your viewpoints, but you're outdoing yourself tonight! :D

#44     Apr 13, 2004
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I understand your point. But, rest assured, that president is WELL AWARE of the throngs of people who were eager to see this "news conference" tonight. Puts a great deal of pressure on him to be precise. He knows everything he says will be scrutinized and brought up later. In other words, under these particular circumstances, it helps to keep him honest.

#45     Apr 13, 2004
  6. Damn, I would hate to be a republican apologist right about now, having to defend Bush.

Same goes for the Democrats.

What a couple of loooozers Bush and Kerry are.

#46     Apr 13, 2004
  7. If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

All day long on neocon talk radio the yokels like Hannity and Limbaugh were "prepping" their audience for marble mouth.

"Don't pay attention to how he says things, he isn't a good speaker off the cuff. Just pay attention to the man behind the curtain."

#47     Apr 14, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Blah, blah, blah, blah............

#48     Apr 14, 2004
  9. When asked if he made mistakes post 911, Bush fumbled around and came up with another Bushism...

"You put me under the spot."

#49     Apr 14, 2004

10. Yes, it was very reassuring to hear our President tell us that he isn't very good at thinking on his feet. We certainly have to be impressed with his comments that he is not very good at answering questons that were not submitted in advance.

AAA said he does not think a press conference is a good place for TV cameras. Obviously neither does GWB.

AAA says that Kennedy got slow pitch questions from a friendly press he "whored around with". I have this mental image now of guys like Walter Cronkite and Harry Reasoner and Douglas Reynolds with a bottle in one hand, and a blonde in the other. Edward R. Morrow smooching it up with Helen Thomas. LOL

AAA, does competency and leadership count for anything with you? Or just political labels?

Peace,
    :)RS

#50     Apr 14, 2004