Bush speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Rather than watching cartoons, perhaps Bush could have spent his time watching Jack Kennedy press conferences.

#31     Apr 13, 2004
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Gotta give you this one, ART. That is funny.:D

#32     Apr 13, 2004
  3. Questions like these are just stupid nit picking. Why does a reporter waste the nation's time by asking a dumb question like this on live TV? Nobody cares about this except those who would try to gain political advantage from criticizing - er "raising questions" about "important issues."

#33     Apr 13, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, I still don't see what the big deal is. I mean Bush and Cheney are not the ones at the center of this controversy. Condi Rice, George Tenet, and John Ashcroft are. Bush and Cheney are not really even a factor in this. Oh well.

#34     Apr 13, 2004
  5. I'll guarantee you JFK never got questions like that. He got underhanded softball tosses from guys he whored around town with.

#35     Apr 13, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Figures, you don't want Bush to be his own person, you want him to imitate someone else. Have we had enough of the fake smiles and fake speeches by the likes of Bill Clinton. Yes, Jack Kennedy was a great speaker, but anyone that tries to imitate him is not being who they are but rather playing the role of an actor impersonating another President. Yeah, great idea, that's what I want to see.

#36     Apr 13, 2004
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Some of my friends here are really underestimating the power and importance of the press. A free press is one the strongest watchdogs of freedom that we have in the U.S.A. Extensive, and what some would consider frivolous questions, many times leads to great revelations. When the press is muzzled, freedom erodes.

#37     Apr 13, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes true, but what about an extremely biased and partisan press?

#38     Apr 13, 2004
  9. I agree, AAA. The media really was trying to get him to apologize "to the American people," and I give him credit for not caving in.

I thought he illustrated the reasons why we are there quite well, and made clear that he supports the troops and their families 100%.

HOWEVER, as in many of his public appearances and news conferences, it is often painful to watch him try to expound on his ideas. The man is simply a terrible public speaker, and to many this comes off as indecisive and/or plain stupid. You compare this to Rice's 9/11 testimony and the difference is staggering.

#39     Apr 13, 2004
  10. [​IMG]

#40     Apr 13, 2004