Bush speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, this is really confusing me. Can someone please explain to me the importance of this question. This has got to be one of the dumbest questions. I mean you are only allowed so many questions to ask Bush and the entire press corp is dying to get a crack at him and this is what you ask him when you get the chance. Please someone tell me why this was even asked. Thank you.

#21     Apr 13, 2004
  2. bronks

bronks

Better late than never.

Hey Waggs, twenty bucks says he's ours for another term. Never underestimate America's love affair with a cowboy! :D

#22     Apr 13, 2004
  3. [​IMG]

#23     Apr 13, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow ART, thats pretty good. I bet in Kindergarden you got the best grades for drawing.

#24     Apr 13, 2004
  5. bronks

bronks

Same reason that Law and Order don't put two suspects in the same room...I guess. Just trying to answer your question.

#25     Apr 13, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes but they are not suspects. They are giving testimony. They have not committed a crime and are not being tried for a crime. what difference does it make?

#26     Apr 13, 2004
  7. Tonight only reaffirmed my belief that televised press conferences are a bad idea. I thought the questions were idiotic and disrespectful. If the media wants to know why the public despises them, tonight was a good example.

As for the President, I was disappointed in his responses. He seemed totally unprepared for the hostile questions. He did not give the press jackels what they wanted--a headline "President admits he blew it"--but neither did he do much to reassure voters he had thought very deeply about the issues.

#27     Apr 13, 2004
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Investigation 101.

#28     Apr 13, 2004
  9. [​IMG]

#29     Apr 13, 2004
  10. bronks

bronks

Perception my friend. That is why GWB won't let it happen...and smart not to.

#30     Apr 13, 2004